Using 2 network interfaces causes ARP Cache Poisoning

Max2Play Home Forums SD-Card Imaging and getting started Using 2 network interfaces causes ARP Cache Poisoning

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • 2. Oktober 2015 at 9:44 #15937

Hi,

I use Squeezeplug/Max2Play on a Raspberry Pi as a mobile music playing device. So usually WiFi is used. Sometimes the WiFi signal is too weak so that I use a network cable.

But every time I plug a network cable in the Linux distribution behaves weird. The Player name/machine name seems to get announced on both network interfaces and it seems that the default route is not properly set. As a result my Laptop Firewall gives me a message that an „ARP cache poisoning attempt“ has been blocked. And the Raspberry is not responding properly to network requestst anymore (from iPhone, iPad, Laptop, …).

When I remove the WiFi USB stick and make use of the network cable only the player works fine.

I did not see this behaviour on ny other linux machine before. Using WiFi and network cable never was a propblem.

Which settings are wrong?

Thank you
    velberocks

7. Oktober 2015 at 17:55 #16105

Hi velberrocks,

please check if you have set a static IP in the Max2Play WiFi/LAN menu. If so, remove it and try again.

Regards

Maximilian

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here