Using 10.1 inch touch display from Waveshare with Odroid U3

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on ODROID U3/C1 Using 10.1 inch touch display from Waveshare with Odroid U3

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • 9. Januar 2017 at 22:59 #25723

Hi,

I want to use this 10.1 inch touch display from Waveshare with Max2Play on my Odroid U3. Is this generally possible? Is it necessary to install any drivers or to adjust any settings like on Raspberry Pi in /boot/config.txt? Or is it possible to use the RPi Display Plugin in some way?

Thanks in advance!

17. Januar 2017 at 15:55 #26004

Dear drundanibel,

We do not have the 10.1-inch touch screen from Waveshare on site to test it. But it could be give problems with the driver and with the resolution of Jivelite or something else.

Best way is to test it and tell us your results, if you want to. That would be nice.

We currently support the displays which you can install over the display plugin. These are the original 7″ Raspberry Pi touch display, the 2,8″ touch display from watterott, the 2,4″ 4DPI-24-HAT and the 2,8″ and 3,5″ touch display from Adafruit.

Best Regards

17. Januar 2017 at 22:17 #26012

Hi,

thanks for your answer. In the way I would try using the 10″ Waveshare display with a raspberry pi 3 – will it be helpful to install the 7″ Touch Display Image on the pi? Or is that image completely unsuitable for any other than the original 7 inch Raspi touch display?

Thanks and best regards!

23. Januar 2017 at 4:08 #26206

Ok, here is my report: The display functions excellent. I used the optimized max2play image for the 7″ Touch Display with Jivelite and Kodi preinstalled. I only had to add the following setting lines at the end of the /boot/config.txt (if you want or need to, you can put them directly in the file on sd card before booting the image for the first time):

max_usb_current=1
    hdmi_group=2
    hdmi_mode=1
    hdmi_mode=87
    hdmi_cvt 1280 800 60 6 0 0 0

All will work immediately (incl. touch function). Except for the inconvenient small resolution of the Joggler Skin in Jivelite, which only fits half of the display area. But you only have to adjust the settings in /opt/jivelite/jivelite/share/jive/applets/JogglerSkin/JogglerSkinApplet.lua to the following appropriate values:

800 -> 1280
    480 -> 800
    446 -> 646
    413 -> 613

Maybe the next version of the touch display image could regard these minimal configuration options and everything will be fine from scratch for this nice display.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by drundanibel.
    14. März 2017 at 13:39 #27715

Hi drundanibel,
    Thanks for the report and the detailed information. We will look into implementing this. We actually already have a custom skin for the WaveShare 10″ screen in our selection.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here