Update crash

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 20. Dezember 2020 at 21:44 #50502

I tried to update LMS from the Max2play interface but it crashed (i.e. it hung for over 20 minutes). After that the interface would no longer work (even after rebooting the Pi (wheezy)). I updated LMS to 8.0.1 ‚manually‘ and that all works fine, but I’ve lost the Max2play interface. Any suggestions as to what might have happened or what to look for?

22. Dezember 2020 at 15:22 #50509

Hi Mark,

It’s hard to say what could have gone wrong with the installation so that the interface is no longer accessible. Unfortunately, our wheezy image is not quite the latest, currently we are developing mainly for stretch and buster. If you don’t lose too much data that way, I would recommend downloading one of our current images and burning it to the SD card. Then the Squeezebox Server installation should work without any problems.

23. Dezember 2020 at 0:37 #50511

Thanks. The problem seems to be that Apache won’t start. Syntax error on line 244 of /etc/apache2/apache2.conf: Could not open configuration file /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/authz_default.load: No such file or directory.

The trouble with simply downloading a current image of max2play is that I have a lot of other stuff on this Pi that I would need to re-install manually. I am planning to get a new Pi4 once you are happy that max2play is stable on it. Then I may keep the old Pi for the other stuff.

23. Dezember 2020 at 14:01 #50512

Hi Mark,

Can you look in the /etc/apache2/apache2.conf file to see what is on line 244? Are the modules from /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/ loaded there?

23. Dezember 2020 at 15:54 #50513

I had to reinstall apache and libapache2-mod-php5.
    That got the main max2play page up. However, it seems like the plugins directory has disappeared so all the tabs just give 404 response. I’m trying to see if I can retrieve the plugin directory from a backup.
    EDIT the plugin directory is still there so I’m not sure what is causing the 404 error
    EDIT2 Needed to enable mod rewrite
    But quite why max2play crashed Apache like that, I don’t know.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by MarkE.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by MarkE.
    28. Dezember 2020 at 16:15 #50520

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your support. I’ll pass this on to our developer. Maybe he’ll find the bug and fix it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here