Unable to select subfolder of CIFS mounted directory

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play as Squeezebox (Player / Server) Unable to select subfolder of CIFS mounted directory

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • 10. Februar 2017 at 9:02 #26798

RaspberryPi 3B
    HiFiBerry Dac+
    M2P v2.41
    Player Model: SqueezeLite
    Firmware: Max2Play v1.0.1 based on v1.8.4-726
    Squeeze Server installed from M2P web interface: Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.0 – 1485931015 @ Wed Feb 1 07:15:57 UTC 2017

I’ve successfully mounted a share on my Synology Diskstation using CIFS as //192.168.0.2/Media
    From the LMS Server Settings -> Basic settings, I can browse the /Media share.

It shows up as
    /mnt/mountdir…

• /Audiobooks
    • /eBooks
    • /Music
    • /Music test
    • /Pictures
    • /Videos

When I select /eBooks, the folder expands and I can browse to the subdirectories, but when I select /Music, the folder does NOT expand. A scan of /mnt/mountdir/Music returns 0 tracks, artists, albums.

I’ve checked the permissions on the Diskstation, and applied the same permissions across everything in /Media.

Any suggestions for how to troubleshoot this further?

14. Februar 2017 at 15:08 #26920

Dear NoodlePi,

When you configure Filesystem – mount network paths (Samba or NFS), you can try to create one mount point, and one Sambashare and choose writeable option „Yes“ and the create mode „644“, which guarantee full permission to the folder, then go the folders explorer in Windows, then create the sub folders from there.

I hope that could help.

Best Regards,
    Mohammad Mbydeen

• This reply was modified 7 years, 1 month ago by Mbydeen.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here