Switching from Squeezelite Player to Jukebox Modus

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI Switching from Squeezelite Player to Jukebox Modus

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • 5. Mai 2016 at 19:51 #20062

I would like to build a raspberry/hifiberry amp+ system which can be used in the environment of a logitech music server and also outside. Is it possible to plug in a hdd and control the player with a bluetooth remote app by smartphone (no logitech music server and no wlan situation)? Or must I install a touch screen in this case?

10. Mai 2016 at 13:43 #20081

Hi Thomas,
    The control can be handled with a lot of apps that all work in your local network, if both your smartphone or tablet and the Max2Play device is connected to the same network. Bluetooth is not supported for this control option. For Squeezebox control we recommend Squeezer for Android and iPeng for iOS. It is, of course, also no problem to connect a HDD.

9. Juli 2017 at 21:48 #29863

Hello Heiner,

I’m kicking in here although the thread is a little older.
    I think Thomas wanted something else, at least I expected something different when I found the topic of this thread.

My current setup:
    – one passive speaker
    – Raspi3
    – JustBoom Amp Hat
    – Rotary Encoder to start/stop playback and change volume
    The Pi with the attached soundcard is built into the speaker and I use Squeezelite to play music from my Logitech Media Server running on a windows server in my network. The rotary encoder is built built into the speaker. So I built kind of a Squeezebox.

What I want:
    I would like to switch between squeezelite and another player that I can stream music to from my smartphone. Switching should be possible with a button at the speaker. Ideally the already installed rotary encoder could be used for that, e.g. pressing the button for 5 seconds switches to the next player.

Is this possible and would I need extra hardware for that?
    Thank you!
    Greets

Tim

10. Juli 2017 at 18:04 #29882

Hi Tim,

Yes, it is. But you can also just use the DLNA protocol that comes preinstalled as a plugin of the LMS and turns all your Squeezelite players into DLNA players as well. Thus, you can use apps like BubbleUPNP and other DLNA ones to directly stream music from your smartphone to the Squeezelite players in your house.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here