Support for small touchscreen that doesn't conflict with HAT GPIOs

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play Development (Ideas, Wishes) Support for small touchscreen that doesn't conflict with HAT GPIOs

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • 1. Februar 2018 at 16:50 #33792

Loving the Max2Play set up that replaces an old (headless) Squeezebox unit; however I’m now looking to add a small (2.8-3.5″) TFT and find that for most(all?) small TFTs, their GPIOs conflict with many RPi HATs e.g. my kit is a RPi3 + IQaudIO DAC Pro. This also seems true of the few TFTs you do explicitly support (appreciate there are too many to go the whole hog).
    We can’t use the RPi3s DSI link as that’s apparently closed architecture (somewhat ironic for a development/prototyping/open source board!), HDMI screens I looked at still need some GPIOs so USB seems the only option. I did get one (DFRobot USB TFT 2.8″) but sadly there’s something in the Max2Play distro that stops the drivers/kernel being created (Pimoroni have a DKMS process). Note, I can get the USB TFT working on standard Raspbian (Stretch Lite but other users have used prior Raspbian versions) so clearly it’s viable.

So I guess in short, the suggestion is to facilitate the means for a TFT that doesn’t conflict with GPIOs (it’ll help us newbies and the less technically able and those buying some of your bundles espec. DAC/Amp hats and the like).

2. Februar 2018 at 17:21 #33819

Thanks for the feedback.

Indeed we are looking for a good solution to offer in terms of small display unit that does not impede on the GPIOs of the Pi.

Currently, we only offer the OLED for the I-Sabre V3.

Did you try using our current Stretch beta and the proper Jessie lite version of Max2Play?

3. Februar 2018 at 0:15 #33824

Thanks for the response.
    I used your ‚proper‘ Jessie image. In trying to customise that set up for the USB screen I have, the connection was lost to the Max2Play interface & Squeezecentre (but oddly not the router); I couldn’t re-establish a connection so reloaded the image to give me a clean/stable platform.
    Rather than try the hack again and risk losing my music streaming (used daily), I’ve decided to get another RPi3 (sans DAC) and I’ll experiment with that instead – probably try aginst your beta Stretch version first and if that fails It’ll have to be standard Stretch+Squeezelite+Jivelite.

Am a Raspberry/Linux newbie so might take me a while/few goes but if I succeed, particularly if it’s with your beta Stretch, I’ll let you know.
    Cheers

5. Februar 2018 at 13:49 #33853

You can use the image burner plugin to create a back-up -img file of your current Max2Play and just burn it again if you get stuck somewhere 😉

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here