Support for more than one bluetooth speaker

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play Add-ons Support for more than one bluetooth speaker

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 15. Oktober 2017 at 9:15 #31902

Hi, is there any way to connect more than one bluetooth speaker to a single raspberry with max2play (e.g. by putting a second bluetooth dongle in an USB slot)? – wartel

17. Oktober 2017 at 11:14 #31926

Hi wartel,

Unfortunately, there is currently not any option to do this.

23. Oktober 2017 at 13:14 #32049

I’m really interested in this feature, I have several bluetooth speakers and it is something really usefull to make a fully multi-room audio.
    The multi-room audio was one of the features why I became premium.

Thanks!

24. Oktober 2017 at 13:12 #32066

Hi Veryaner,

There are a few issues with this idea. For several reasons, it is much more practical to just get another Pi for a second Bluetooth speaker pairing. This will also result in a much reliable multiroom system, as the different Bluetooth pairings will not interfere as much with each other.

Generally, we recommend using as few players on each Pi as possible to reach the best results both in sound quality and in resilience to outside factors (e.g. bad Bluetooth signals, adapters, protocols).

25. Oktober 2017 at 23:31 #32113

I do not fully understand you suggestion regarding a second Pi, you mean to install a kind of coupled Pi+Speaker (Pi with Max2Play) and then define a Pi as a kind of master? Can you explain a little bit more?

26. Oktober 2017 at 15:46 #32130

Hi veryaner,

Sure I can 🙂

Max2Play’s multiroom system is based on a headless server+player structure, meaning you only need one „master“ Pi with the server installed. This one can also be used as a player at the same time. Meanwhile, all other zones in your multiroom system just need to be players and can all be controlled by the one server, which itself is decentralized and can be configured and controlled by any other devicein the network (apps, web interface via browser, etc.).

So you can use one Pi to have the server and a sound card with player and several other Pi’s in different rooms with just players (including your bluetooth speaker, if you like, but we recommend direct connection via sound card to active speakers, passive speakers, existing sound systems, etc.)

We offer complete bundles for individual zones and you can check out our multiroom configurator to find the fitting ones for each zone:

Multiroom Audio Configurator

Build your own multiroom audio system

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here