support for Bluetooth A2DP with AptX

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play Add-ons support for Bluetooth A2DP with AptX

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • 19. Juli 2015 at 18:28 #15204

Hi, M2P professionals!
    I’ve been using max2play for a few days now and so far like it very much, especially your support for the Cirrus Logic Audio board!
    One thing I’d like to do is connect my Android tablet as sender to the RasPi (as receiver) via Bluetooth for streaming system sound.

Can max2play do this? I don’t have a BT dongle for testing.
    If it does not support this, how about a new add-on for it? 🙂

Cheers,
    Mike

28. Juli 2015 at 17:01 #15226

Hello Mike,
    Unfortunately, Max2Play does not support Bluetooth at the moment. The support would be a major update with lots of work behind it, but we will keep you updated if it comes up in the future.
    However, you can make the same application work on Max2Play via WiFi using the built-in DLNA- and uPnP-support of the Squeezebox Server. The plugin comes preinstalled and the streaming should also work with your Android tablet.

17. August 2015 at 15:14 #15385

Hello Mike,

I’ve tried similar with Apt-X BT dongle (Sennheiser BTD-500), and I had almost success. My initial aim was to have a BT speaker (Philips fidelio P9) connected to my RPi (running Max2Play on it) vie the USB BT dongle. It worked well, with some bottleneck: first time BTD-500 and Philips connected/paired well, but when I switched off the speaker (ie for night), and turned on it again, it does not connected to the BTD-500, while I removed and re-plugged the dongle again. Even if Sennheiser says, it remembers the last 3 or 4 connected devices, it does not connect anymore only if I replug the dongle. The dongle shows as connected (lighting blue led), but Philips still looking for active BT connection. It is very unconvenient if I have to remove the dongle every time, when I want to use my speaker. So I gave up, but definitely you can add a BT dongle to Max2Play.

Ferenc

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here