Support for ALAC 24/96

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play Development (Ideas, Wishes) Support for ALAC 24/96

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • 24. Oktober 2015 at 19:06 #16547

Hi guys!

I’m extremely pleased with this beautiful work. Thank you all for max2play!
    I would just like to express a wish for future editions of squeezelite / LMS.
    As a former user of iTunes and Apple devices, I’d like that squeezelite / LMS bear ALAC 24/96 because I have a large number of files in these conditions. I also believe that this support will serve a large number of audiophiles in the same situation.
    Was discussed in a separate topic the possible lack of raspberry Pi hardware for this, but given that such files are executed via MPD, this limitation does not seem to exist.
    As such files are executed via squeezebox player / LMS smoothly on my Squeezbox Touch, it seems that for the Raspberry these softwares were „relieved“ of this support.

Thank you for your attention.

Nikitidiver

• This topic was modified 8 years, 6 months ago by nikitidiver.
    • This topic was modified 8 years, 6 months ago by nikitidiver.
    30. Oktober 2015 at 17:25 #16649

Hi nikitidiver,
    Please check if you have activated the Max2Play Kernel that allows for a sample rate of up to 192 KHz. You can find this option in the Raspberry Settings under „Change HDMI Settings for Display Resolution, Framerate and Audio“. Since the Pi automatically restricts all playback to a maximum of 48 KHz, this could be the issue with your ALAC files.
    However, we will also look into this issue ourselves and see if we can replicate this problem.

3. November 2015 at 18:35 #16755

Hi Heiner!

I’m afraid I’m not able to use this solution, because it’s only available with premium license… ins’t it?

4. November 2015 at 15:08 #16773

Well guys, I’ve bought the premium license.
    Made the procedure described above, and Squeezebox Server still has precarious support to ALAC 24/96, and none for ALAC 24/192.
    Still waiting for a solution.
    I’ve read somewhere that FFMPEG support is needed for this purpose…
    Just a suggestion!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here