Suggestion on cables for connecting IQAudio DigiAMp+ to aux in of Speaker

Max2Play Home Forums General Questions on Hardware and Max2Play Versions Suggestion on cables for connecting IQAudio DigiAMp+ to aux in of Speaker

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • 27. Januar 2023 at 15:02 #52616

Hello Guys,

Looking for a little help on hardware and wiring for below scenario:

I am looking to connect IQAudio DigiAMp+ to aux-in of my Speaker (Creative Muvo Play).
    DigiAMp+ has two channels and Each channel has a terminal Block.
    I am trying to understand what type of cable i should use to connect both the terminal blocks to a single 3.5 mm stereo jack !

31. Januar 2023 at 14:09 #52622

Hi vishnu,

The speaker you are using seems to be an active speaker. The DigiAmp+ is intended for passive speakers. To connect to your speaker, you can either use Bluetooth or a DAC sound card with a jack output.

31. Januar 2023 at 15:43 #52625

Hi MarioM,

Thank you very much. It’s a Bluetooth speaker and the specifications are listed on creative website at https://uk.creative.com/p/speakers/creative-muvo-play#specs.

The specifications on above link says:

Power Output
    Satellites: 2 x 5W RMS, Peak Power: 20W

Signal-to-Noise Ratio (SNR)
    ≥ 75 dB

I do not see any mention of any amplifier in the specifications.so wondering how to deduce if it indeed is an active speaker ?

Edit :

This is indeed an active speaker and I need to use a DAC Card !

Oh well I understand that not all active speakers give amplifier rating explicitly especially it it’s a portable Bluetooth speaker ! The easy way to identify is -> it’s the speaker is connected to a power supply, a battery and a AUX in (3.5 mm input or 1/8 input) it’s essentially a active speaker !

Great video on how to identify the active vs passive speaker at

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by vishnu sure.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by vishnu sure.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here