[SOLVED] Stuttering playback over bluetooth

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play Add-ons [SOLVED] Stuttering playback over bluetooth

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • 21. März 2017 at 15:43 #27823

I have an RPi3 with Max2play and a HiFiBerry Amp+. I’ve installed the Bluetooth add-on and configured it for streaming direct to the Max2play soundcard. Both squeezelite and shairplay are set to use pulse.

I can play music fine through squeezelite, but when I connect an Amazon Echo Dot via Bluetooth, the playback from the Echo is very poor – constant stuttering and breakup.

Any ideas how I can fix this?

Cheers,
    Peter

22. März 2017 at 12:29 #27829

Hi petercoxphoto

Please make sure that the Bluetooth speakers are not faraway form the RASPI and make sure that you are using a good quality power supply.

Regards,
    Mohammad Mbydeen

22. März 2017 at 14:27 #27830

Hi Mohammad –
    Thanks for the reply. The two are right next to each other, and I’m using the power supply that came with the Echo Dot, as well as the one I bought from HiFiBerry for the Amp+.

Cheers,
    Peter

27. März 2017 at 13:59 #27867

Hi petercoxphoto

Have you enabled the checkbox Switch audio output on disconnect in the Bluetooth plugin ?
    Have you tried to reinstall the Bluetooth plugin ?
    What is the version of max2play that you have ?

Regards,
    Mohammad Mbydeen

9. Mai 2017 at 8:35 #28759

Hi petercoxphoto,

did you solve the problem and if so how. I also have the same problem.
    The playback from the Echo is very poor (Stream to Raspberry) – constant stuttering and breakup.

31. Mai 2017 at 10:21 #29128

Hi tommy,
    If you have USB periphery connected to your Pi, please try Bluetooth without them connected.

1. Juni 2017 at 17:08 #29184

Hi,

i had the same Problem with the Raspberry Pi 3 . The Pi 3`s onboard WLAN and Bluetooth is placed in the same chip and only one works properly.

So you have to buy a Bluetooth or a WLAN USB adapter and disable the same onboard device.

(I dont know what to do if you are already using a Bluetooth USB adapter)

2. Juni 2017 at 14:27 #29211

I found that updating the Kernel corrected this problem.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here