[SOLVED] Streaming Spotify to Multiple Devices

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play as Squeezebox (Player / Server) [SOLVED] Streaming Spotify to Multiple Devices

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • 19. März 2018 at 16:02 #34538

I’m trying to set up a home audio system so that I can have music synchronized across multiple devices, including a Spotify stream. This desire is my main reason for trying M2P (I’d tried using Volumio, but I was unfamiliar with Squeezebox and wanted to avoid spending hours trying to figure out how to get it work). At this point, I just want to share the stream between two RPi’s. I’ve installed the squeezebox server, but couldn’t get the ’spotty‘ plugin to work.

1) Is there another non-squeezebox approach to get my desired set up?

If the answer to 1) is „No,“ then, 2) does anyone know of any instructions for spotty? THe current M2P link for that plugin links to an old forum (a pre 1.0 version) and even if you go to the forum for the latest release (2.1?) it’s not very helpful.

Thanks,

Mike

19. März 2018 at 17:33 #34539

Hi,

With LMS you can synchronise 2 players. Is that what you are looking for?

I installed spotty recently on my LMS server (on Synology NAS) and i didn’t have any problem.
    Can you tell us where the installation doesn’t works?

21. März 2018 at 13:17 #34591

Hi Mike,

Spotty comes preinstalled in the latest version on the LMS, we also have a How-To on setting it up.

22. März 2018 at 3:54 #34630

Thanks for both of your responses. For now, two players is sufficient for my needs. I didn’t realize Spotty came preinstalled, the note at the bottom of spotify connect plugin made me think I had to set it up.

I’ve checked it out and it took me a while to figure out that the button in the mid-upper left of Settings/Advanced could be switched from ‚Formatting‘ to ‚Spotty‘. Once I did that, I was able to authorize my account and I now have synchronized streaming. Yippie.

Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here