Stream YouTube via Android

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play as Squeezebox (Player / Server) Stream YouTube via Android

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 4. Juli 2017 at 15:43 #29798

Hi,

is there a way like on apple via airplay to stream audio from android to squeezbox / squeezelite, e.g. youtube audio or any other audio source?
    Maybe via chromecast protocol? Is there any method available?

Best

5. Juli 2017 at 15:38 #29831

Hi awex,

There definitely are several. Firstly, the Squeezelite under Max2Play is also DLNA compatible. Thus you can find it and play to it with apps like bubbleUPNP or with any software that supports DLNA. Secondly, there’s shairtunes2 which makes your Squeezelites also AirPlay compatible and show up as AirPlay devices as well.
    Thirdly, there is our Bluetooth plugin and its implementation in the LMS. For more info on that, check our BT plugin and its discussion here:
    https://www.max2play.com/en/portfolio/plugin-bluetooth-2/

Bluetooth Addon BETA

30. November 2018 at 19:16 #42460

Hello dear Max2Play team,
    I know the thread is older than one year, but I think the topic is suitable and therefore I do not need to open a new thread.

I own a Raspberry 3 in conjunction with HifiBerry Amp + for about two years. As operating system I use M2P. So far
    I got along with the whole usage and the configuration well.
    Playing music over the LMS works very good. However, I have the problem that I can not play Youtube sound through a player.
    According to the information in this forum thread, this should be done via DLNA or
    Airplay be possible. I’m desperate because I just can not connect it this way. I watched all sorts of M2P videos, read tutorial,
    tried a new image and also various DLNA programs (BubbleUpnp,
    Allcast, Allconnect).
    My wish was to watch a video on the mobile in Youtube app or in the browser and then stream the audio to the media-zone by using the share feature. For example, if an audiobook from Youtube is heard, the video isn’t needed. Can you help me with this?

3. Dezember 2018 at 13:44 #42496

Hi m2puser,

With apps like AllConnect, you can select the browser for playback. There, you have the option to select Youtube. In Youtube, you can play a video and the sound will go through the dlna player selected in AllConnect.

3. Dezember 2018 at 15:12 #42503

Hello,
    that’s exactly what I tried. Unfortunately, no sound comes from the speakers. Either I get displayed, „Processing media link failed“ or „Now playing“. Unfortunately, I can not confirm the exact wording. Furthermore, in both cases, no sound comes from the speakers. For some videos, allconnect showed a message, that the format is not supported. I have also described my problem in
    this thread in German.

4. Dezember 2018 at 17:00 #42551

Hi m2pUser,

I already replied in the other thread, it seems to be an issue with YouTube/AllConnect.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here