Stream music from smartphone to max2play on RPI3 using bluetooth

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI Stream music from smartphone to max2play on RPI3 using bluetooth

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • 2. Dezember 2018 at 12:05 #42469

Hello,

I would like to stream music from my smartphone to a max2play receiver on a RPI3 using bluetooth.
    Most of the time (90%) my RPI3 with max2play on it is connecting to my NAS running logitech media server.
    But sometimes I would like to stream music directly from my smartphone to max2play.
    The problem is that according to the installation video I have to switch the hifiberry digi+ souncard to pulse.
    Is there a way to use LMS and bluetooth streaming without changing any parameters?
    In the end the signal has to pass the hifiberry digi+ soundcard in both scenario’s I suppose.

Kind regards,
    Thierry

3. Dezember 2018 at 14:50 #42502

Hi Thierry,

If you install the Bluetooth solution for LMS, this is how it would work. You do not have to change any parameters and the BT channel in LMS will automatically start playing when there’s a signal.

3. Dezember 2018 at 16:35 #42504

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I don’t think that’s an option because my NAS with the LMS on it is located in my cellar and it won’t connect to my phone when I’m for example in a room on the first floor.
    Or will my smartphone connect to each RPI3 individual depending on the room I’m in and send the music to LMS?

Kind regards,
    Thierry

4. Dezember 2018 at 17:01 #42552

Hi Thierry,

Your phone will connect to your router which is connected to all other devices including your NAS.

4. Dezember 2018 at 17:52 #42561

Hello,

My phone always connects to my router, but what’s the relation between the bluetooth connection to stream the music from my phone to the NAS/LMS and the router connection?

Kind regards,
    Thierry

7. Dezember 2018 at 12:23 #42592

Oh sorry, I confused your request. You are right, the Pi with the BT channel for LMS has to be the one with LMS installed on it. You could consider switch the LMS to the Pi you want to send BT to. The install is one-click and you can try it out first and see if the performance and overall solution would work for you.

12. Januar 2019 at 0:52 #43545

Sorry to hijack this, but I am having a problem with playing bluetooth from my phone through max2play that seems to refer to one of your replies.

I can get my phone to play through max2play, but when I reconnect, I have to go into the LMS screen and press play on the bluetooth entry in order to get it to play what is playing on my phone. I don’t know if there is a setting that I have missed, but I cannot find it.

Also, this is a re-install from a SD card failure and this was not how it worked in my previous install.

14. Januar 2019 at 15:04 #43586

H ihtruelsen,

How did it work in your previous install? Have you tried reinstalling the Bluetooth plugin yet?

You can create backups of your install through various means, e.g. our image burner plugin.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here