Standalone setup with accesspoint plugin but server sees no squeezelite player

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play as Squeezebox (Player / Server) Standalone setup with accesspoint plugin but server sees no squeezelite player

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • 5. Juli 2019 at 1:33 #46158

Hi, I’m quite new to M2P.
    I have already 2 RPis running with M2P (LMS) and another one with a DAC as a client.
    Works very well so far.
    Now I got another Pi3B+ which I want to use as a standalone server/player combo to be able to
    play my music when I’m away from home.
    I have just burned a fresh image to a mSD and set up everything just as it is written.
    When connected to LAN the LMS shows up and can be accessed by the existing clients.
    The player is also working – headphones connected.
    When going into standalone (box is ticked) without LAN the LMS sees no players.

I have some pressure on, as I need the player in 2 days, thats why I’m sitting here at 1:30 AM to post this.

Please advise what logs I shall provide.

#### SQUEEZELITE VERSION ####
    Squeezelite Max2Play v1.0.2 based on v1.8.4-726, Copyright 2012-2015 Adrian Smith, 2015-2016 Ralph Irving.

#### SQUEEZELITE BUILDOPTIONS ####
    Build options: LINUX ALSA EVENTFD RESAMPLE FFMPEG VISEXPORT IR GPIO DSD CONTROLSBS ALSASYNC BLUETOOTHSYNC

#### AUDIOPLAYER CONFIG ####
    ### Configuration of Audioplayers
    SQUEEZELITE_PARAMETER=-o sysdefault:CARD=sndrpihifiberry -a 80:4::
    SQUEEZESLAVE_PARAMETER=-n plugequal
    SHAIRPORT_PARAMETER=-d default:CARD=sndrpihifiberry
    USE_USB_DAC=0
    USE_EQUALIZER=0
    SYSTEM_USER=pi
    YMPD_PARAMETER=--webport 8081

#### SQUEEZELITE -l ####
    Output devices:
      null                           - Discard all samples (playback) or generate zero samples (capture)
      equal                         
      plugequal                      - Equalizer for plughw:0,0
      default:CARD=ALSA              - bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 ALSA - Default Audio Device
      sysdefault:CARD=ALSA           - bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 ALSA - Default Audio Device
      dmix:CARD=ALSA,DEV=0           - bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 ALSA - Direct sample mixing device
      dmix:CARD=ALSA,DEV=1           - bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 IEC958/HDMI - Direct sample mixing device
      dsnoop:CARD=ALSA,DEV=0         - bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 ALSA - Direct sample snooping device
      dsnoop:CARD=ALSA,DEV=1         - bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 IEC958/HDMI - Direct sample snooping device
      hw:CARD=ALSA,DEV=0             - bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 ALSA - Direct hardware device without any conversions
      hw:CARD=ALSA,DEV=1             - bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 IEC958/HDMI - Direct hardware device without any conversions
      plughw:CARD=ALSA,DEV=0         - bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 ALSA - Hardware device with all software conversions
      plughw:CARD=ALSA,DEV=1         - bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 IEC958/HDMI - Hardware device with all software conversions
      default:CARD=sndrpihifiberry   - snd_rpi_hifiberry_dacplus,  - Default Audio Device
      sysdefault:CARD=sndrpihifiberry - snd_rpi_hifiberry_dacplus,  - Default Audio Device
      dmix:CARD=sndrpihifiberry,DEV=0 - snd_rpi_hifiberry_dacplus,  - Direct sample mixing device
      dsnoop:CARD=sndrpihifiberry,DEV=0 - snd_rpi_hifiberry_dacplus,  - Direct sample snooping device
      hw:CARD=sndrpihifiberry,DEV=0  - snd_rpi_hifiberry_dacplus,  - Direct hardware device without any conversions
      plughw:CARD=sndrpihifiberry,DEV=0 - snd_rpi_hifiberry_dacplus,  - Hardware device with all software conversions

#### SHAIRPORT (SYNC) VERSION ####
    3.1.1-OpenSSL-Avahi-ALSA-soxr-sysconfdir:/usr/local/etc

#### OUTPUT SOUND DETAILS CARD 0 ####
    closed

#### OUTPUT SOUND DETAILS CARD 1 ####
    access: MMAP_INTERLEAVED
    format: S32_LE
    subformat: STD
    channels: 2
    rate: 44100 (44100/1)
    period_size: 882
    buffer_size: 3528
    5. Juli 2019 at 14:33 #46169

Hi FeinRib,

Did you try out playback with Kodi yet?

We have an official guide on setting up Kodi for a mobile Max2Play solution.

We also have one on a mobile Bluetooth solution which might be useful, too.

I will have a look at the Squeezebox solution, too. But for this weekend, I recommend trying out Kodi or MPD as alternatives.

5. Juli 2019 at 16:38 #46170

Hi Heiner,
    thanks for your timely reply!
    I’ve been reading back through the topics before your email came in and found the option to tell the squeezeplayer
    to look for the server at a specific ip by adding „-s server-ip:port“.
    Yea, this works! Maybe an idea what to fix in an upcoming release so it can work out of the box.
    The drawback of this solution is, that I have to adapt the IP if I plan to run the
    player in my home WLAN.
    Another possibility might be to set up a multisqueeze scenario – didn’t try it though?

I’m not sure how the Kodi solution would look like.
    I know Kodi and from what I remember, you need some sort of display attached to the RPi – not sure.
    Then you can set up to remote control the Kodi by a Smartphone.

I’m using Squeezer to search/browse the audio collection which is very comfortable.
    Would Kodi or MPS work in a similar fashion?
    Maybe I would try it then.
    Now I can start preparing some playlists for tomorrow.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here