Standalone Server/Player via AP locks mobile data access

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play as Squeezebox (Player / Server) Standalone Server/Player via AP locks mobile data access

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • 25. November 2019 at 15:43 #47596

Hi guys,
    I’m using the standalone server/player setup.
    So far, it works as expected but I wonder if it is possible to have the mobile data connection (LTE) also
    working when connected to the Squeezebox AP.
    Hopefully you understand what I’m talking about.
    If the mobile phone is connected to the AP it will not use the mobile data connection.
    This is, for sure, a settings issue (hopefully) within the smart phone, but I guess you guys should
    understand my problem at best and have some suggestions or maybe a solution.
    Otherwise, I don’t even know what terms to use in my search for this problem.

Thanks in advance!

28. November 2019 at 12:56 #47622

Hi FeinRib,

I’m not entirely sure if this is what you mean but if it’s about using mobile data on your phone while connected to the m2p AP, you should be able to find different guides on that by searching use mobile data while connected to wifi. Here’s one for Android

2. Dezember 2019 at 10:19 #47652

Hi Heiner,
    I tried that already. But it’s not doing what I want.
    That setting is only speeding up switching from WiFi to mobile data.
    It will not use both connections in parallel.

I guess this is the feature I’m looking for. Unfortunately I don’t have a Samsung but as it’s all Android, it should be possible with any smartphone!?

11. Dezember 2019 at 10:09 #47739

Hi FeinRib,

You can look up the exact version of your Android and see if there’s a specific HowTo on that.

The one I linked is for Marshmellow which is a bit older.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here