Max2Play Home › Forums › Max2Play as Squeezebox (Player / Server) › Squeezelite Touch screen only navigation
- This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 11 months ago by Heiner premium.
17. Juni 2016 at 23:10 #20726
I have just installed the max2play bundle with:
Max2play 32 GB SD
Do you have to have a keyboard attached to:
1) Enter data in text fields when searching for tracks
2) Press Esc to navigate out of screens.
I am trying to make a Logitech Squeezebox Touch clone or panel that is control totally without keyboard.
Squeezelite does not seem to support this.
– Seems that the issue is the lack of support for a virtual keyboard
– Disappointed to discover that my old Logitech Squeezebox Touch has better support for touch20. Juni 2016 at 12:34 #20749
Those features are included in the plugin Jivelite which brings a graphical user interface to your attached screen and has a special skin for the Raspi 7″ Touchscreen including a Kodi-button for quick swichting and a search feature.20. Juni 2016 at 19:56 #20770
I now understand what happened:
Upon the very first boot with the initial factory settings of Max2Play the default skin was QVGATOUCH_SKIN which only uses 1/4 of the screen.
I should have switched to the Joggler skin, instead I switched into some HD skin trying utilize the whole 7 inch display not realizing the implications: Back button gone and virtual keyboard gone.
I really support the idea behind M2P.
Making it simpler to setup an audioplayer like squeezelite.
To support I have purchased the 5 years license.
Professionally I make GUI myself.
One of the rules I can recommend is: Make it very ease to use correctly, Make it very difficult to use incorrectly.
Maybe a wizard for users that intend to create a SqueezeBox Touch clone, with all unnecessary options removed.
Ricky21. Juni 2016 at 12:02 #20790
Thanks for the feedback! We will look into ways to incorporate the information more clearly into our documentation.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.