17. June 2016 at 23:10 #20726
I have just installed the max2play bundle with:
Max2play 32 GB SD
Do you have to have a keyboard attached to:
1) Enter data in text fields when searching for tracks
2) Press Esc to navigate out of screens.
I am trying to make a Logitech Squeezebox Touch clone or panel that is control totally without keyboard.
Squeezelite does not seem to support this.
– Seems that the issue is the lack of support for a virtual keyboard
– Disappointed to discover that my old Logitech Squeezebox Touch has better support for touch20. June 2016 at 19:56 #20770
I now understand what happened:
Upon the very first boot with the initial factory settings of Max2Play the default skin was QVGATOUCH_SKIN which only uses 1/4 of the screen.
I should have switched to the Joggler skin, instead I switched into some HD skin trying utilize the whole 7 inch display not realizing the implications: Back button gone and virtual keyboard gone.
I really support the idea behind M2P.
Making it simpler to setup an audioplayer like squeezelite.
To support I have purchased the 5 years license.
Professionally I make GUI myself.
One of the rules I can recommend is: Make it very ease to use correctly, Make it very difficult to use incorrectly.
Maybe a wizard for users that intend to create a SqueezeBox Touch clone, with all unnecessary options removed.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.