Squeezebox Touch loses Spotify randomnly

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play as Squeezebox (Player / Server) Squeezebox Touch loses Spotify randomnly

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • 10. März 2021 at 11:55 #50907

Hi

The following has been a persistent problem for which I could really use some help.

I have a Raspberry Pi 2, Max2Play with LMS installed and Spotty plug in, Synology 218+ and Squeezebox Touch (as the player). When working, all is wonderful. I run it one of two ways: Either: I use my Squeeze control app on my android phone, or I select the Squeezebox Touch from the Spotty App on my android. All good until it just stops. The Spotty App won’t even see the Touch anymore. I can then switch to the Squeeze control app and it has lost all my playlists. I can usually get it back by switching players from the Spotty App (like to my Echo) then back again.

So: It feels like a wifi drop out but the same thing happens if connected by LAN through an over the mains LAN adaptor.

I would appreciate any advice please. This has been going on too long and I’m on the verge of getting my wallet out for a Bluesound Node or something. I hate to do that because when it does work…it’s great!

Thanks

10. März 2021 at 14:51 #50912

Hi Quentin,

Can your Squeezebox Touch still be reached on the network when the connection to the player is lost? Is the player still displayed in the server’s web interface? It sounds like Spotty might have a problem switching between Spotify Connect and Squeezelite. The best thing to do is ask Michael Herger, the developer of the Spotty plugin in the Slimdevices forum. If it has nothing to do with Spotty, I would suspect that your Squeezebox Touch disconnects temporarily for some reason. In this case you should check your network setup.

10. März 2021 at 15:13 #50913

Thanks for the response. Yes the Squeezebox Touch is still reachable on the network. I’ll reach out the Slimdevices Forum. Thank you

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here