14. Februar 2021 at 0:43 #50797
I’ve recently started using Max2Play on a pi 4 with a plan to use it to replace an old windows based Squeezebox server and have a few questions:
1) Why does the server rescan my music every time I reboot? Ultimately I want to use it with a library of around 25000 flac tracks and dont really want to scan every time I turn the Pi on.
2) I’m really struggling to understand how to access USB drives.
I’ve plugged in two drives, one formatted in fat32 the other exfat, They both show up on the filesystem mount page:
Path Mountpoint Type Options Action
UUID=5898-799E /mnt/extdrive Vfat defaults,nofail,iocharset=utf8
UUID=1A41-A67D /mnt/extdrive Exfat defaults,nofail,iocharset=utf8
However I cannot find them to add them as media folders in the LMS settings, any clues would be useful.
3) Also, I don’t understand the Samba share settings, I’ve followed the instructions and have this:
Name Path Comment Writeable Create ModeAction Action
PiUSB1 /media/usb PiUSB1 Yes 666
I don’t see how this contains any settings to relate it to either of the USB disks.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Richard16. Februar 2021 at 15:24 #50804
Unfortunately I am not aware of any way to bypass the automatic scan. It’s best to ask this question again in the Slimdevices forum. The developers of the server can help you there directly.
You should find the two hard drives in the Squeezebox Server via the path /mnt/extdrive. All of your files should be in this folder. You can add media folders in the basic settings of the server.
The Samba Share is intended to make files on the hard drives available to other devices in the home network. If the Squeezebox server is running on the Pi to which both hard drives are connected, you don’t need to create a Samba share. If you still want to set up one, use /mnt/extdrive as as the path.18. Februar 2021 at 0:25 #50815
Thanks for the reply but I have further questions
I have been using squeezebox server since 2004 and have performed many installations and I have never experienced a default automatic rescan. I will ask in their forums but I’m pretty sure they will ask for more information about your setup, which I won’t be able to provide.
Squeezebox server can not find any drives or file in /mnt/extdrive. How do I troubleshoot this?
I tried to set up the Samba share and still wish to, so that I can drag and drop new files on to the Pi. I will try to use /mnt/extdrive but I still don’t know how to identify a particular drive. Basically I have no idea what to do to make this work.
Richard19. Februar 2021 at 16:37 #50824
Please try the following:
1. Disconnect both hard drives from the Pi and delete the mount points in the filesystem/mount plugin.
2. Connect one of the two hard drives, update the plugin page and save the mointpoint for the hard drive.
3. Go to the Squeezebox web interface and the server settings.
4. Enter /mnt/extdrive as your media folder and click Apply.
5. Click on Rescan media library.
6. You should find your music from the hard drive under „My Music“ after the scan.
7. Create a Samba share to the folder (/mnt/extdrive): see https://www.max2play.com/en/wiki/creating-a-sambashare/
8. Repeat with the second hard drive
Does this work for you?
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.