Spotty vs. Spotify Connect: Is one more reliable?

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play as Squeezebox (Player / Server) Spotty vs. Spotify Connect: Is one more reliable?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • 22. März 2018 at 4:03 #34631

I’ve been using my RPi as a music player for about a couple of months, switching from MusicBox to Volumio and now to M2P. One thing I’ve found is that using Spotify Connect is often frustratingly inconsistent. Sometimes the player appears on my phone’s app, sometimes not. If it appears, sometimes I can get it to play music, sometimes not. I have just gotten Squeezebox/LMS running and am wondering.

A) Is there any reason to use the native M2P spotify connect if LMS is running?

B) Is the LMS spotty plugin more reliable than the others?

22. März 2018 at 10:51 #34635

Hi audiomike,

A) Not particularly, it is first and foremost an option for users who want to switch between players and do not want the LMS running in their system.

B) That depends on a lot of factors. Both solutions run really well in our testing thus far. Both are based on librespot. If you just want to use one device, the Spotify Connect player might be preferable. However, for most users with multiroom ambitions we recommend the Spotty plugin.

22. März 2018 at 15:22 #34661

Thanks for the input. It will be helpful once I get everything running smoothly.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here