Spotty problem… need Perl

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play as Squeezebox (Player / Server) Spotty problem… need Perl

Tagged: ,

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • 9. Dezember 2017 at 2:44 #32841

Hi there
    I am trying to get Spotty up and running on my max2play LMS.
    I’ve got it installed but when I try to run it I get
    Spotty requires the Perl module IO::Socket::SSL. You can NOT use Spotty without this module. Please use your operating system’s package manager to install it.
    I’ve searched around and it seems that this problem is solved by updating LMS to the latest nightly build, but that’s not working for me.
    I’ve set up a fresh image of max2play on my Pi, I’ve reinstalled LMS and updated it to the latest 7.9 nightly build. Still getting the warning.
    Is there something else I can do?

12. Dezember 2017 at 11:09 #32883

Hi bigsur,

The plugin should show up right after installing the LMS itself als „Spotify for Squezebox Server. Still Spotty.“ please activate it and if needed update it, then it should show up normally as Spotty in the active plugins.

14. Dezember 2017 at 17:44 #32948

Hi, i have the same problem!and if i go on the settings of Spotty it gives me this error too:
    „404 Not Found: plugins/Extensions/settings/plugins/Spotty/settings/basic.html“.

Somebody knows how to resolve?

15. Dezember 2017 at 16:48 #32970

Hi antonio,

Please make sure that only Spotty and no other Spotify plugin is active in your settings.

16. Dezember 2017 at 14:43 #32989

I reinstalled all max2play and then spotty started to work. Just one problem: i dont know if others have the same problem, but if i play a playlist,often, after 2/3 songs,it stops, and i need to force the next song to be played. I thought it was a problem of wifi, but in this morning i m playing it with ethernet and there is always the same problem. I m searching on some forum but i m not solving…

18. Dezember 2017 at 10:57 #33005

Hi antonio,

Do you use the Spotify Connect feature of Spotty?

29. März 2018 at 6:17 #34856

The nightly 7.9 build was giving me no end of grief with the „no tty no askpass“ error that refused to start the server. I moved to the Logitec 7.9 build and the problem went away.

Loading up Spotty, I had the same perl error and resolved it on the Raspberry Pi. SSH into the command line, and
    sudo apt-get install libio-socket-ssl-perl Allow it to do the install, restart the Squeezebox server from the Max2Play Squeezebox server tab and no more issues. The Connect feature works – I can play spotify from the interface or from the Spotify app on my phone.

29. März 2018 at 9:45 #34865

Hi andrew,

Thanks for sharing, those perl libraries are added if you install after making a beta update as well.

They are also included in our new, official Stretch Image.

14. September 2018 at 20:14 #37842

Hi,

I updated today to 2.47 and have the same problem now. Also installed the latest nightly of lms.

Shall I try to install this manually?

fblu

14. September 2018 at 20:26 #37843

Just tried it… It was ready installed with the latest version. Still get this message from spotty: Spotty benötigt das Perl Modul IO::Socket::SSL! Ohne dieses Modul ist die Nutzung von Spotty NICHT möglich. Bitte benutze den Paket-Manager deines Betriebssystems um es zu installieren.

17. September 2018 at 9:43 #37862

Hi fblu,

Are you using the Stretch or Jessie image? Also, have you upgraded all packages in the Raspberry Settings, yet?

17. September 2018 at 11:10 #37869

Hi Heiner,

thank you for your reply. I didn’t update all packages, but in the meantime I set up my system from scratch, as I had to get it up and running again. Now it works, but I’ll keep that option in mind for the next time.

fblu

17. September 2018 at 12:20 #37874

Hi fblu,

Thanks for the quick update, glad it’s working again 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here