[SOLVED] Spotty not working

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Heiner Moderator 2 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • 30. October 2017 at 21:01 #32215

Hello!

Spotty has been working great for me the last few months. Today it stopped. Thought it was just simply having to re-authorize, but I tried that to no avail. I removed Spotty, installed it again, didn’t work.. Removed LMS, re-installed, installed Spotty again, nothing. I took away the authorization from my Spotify Account (through the Spotify webpage), tried to re-authorize, again no luck. Spotify works on my phone flawlessly.
    Is there some larger things afoot here or is it just me having to reinstall Max2Play alltogether?

When trying to authorize, I have tried following the description very thoroughly. From both my computer and the iPhone, it says it’s connecting, but then after a while it just isn’t connecting any more. I can still choose the Spotty authorization from the list of devices and try to connect to it, but nothing happens.

I’m using LMS 7.9.1, Max2Play is Beta-170720. And I haven’t changed a thing up until this error occured. I’m very much a “don’t fix it if it ain’t broken” kinda guy.

• This topic was modified 3 weeks, 2 days ago by  dumtratt.
    • This topic was modified 2 weeks, 1 day ago by  Heiner.
    1. November 2017 at 16:35 #32231

Hi dumtratt,

According to the creator of Spotty, the plugin currently has some issues with antivirus software:
    http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?107615-Announce-Spotty-v1-1-0&p=898251&viewfull=1#post898251

Obviously, this should not be a permanent fix, but you can try temporarily deactivating your AV while authenticating Spotty.

6. November 2017 at 20:09 #32314

Just to end this thread; spotty works. I did a full reinstall of max2play, and everything now runs smoothly again.
    I wish I’d had the patience to really try out where the error was, but figured a full reinstall might probably fix everything, and since it’s extremely painless I went for that.

Thank you for this wonderful software and your support.

7. November 2017 at 10:19 #32317

Hi dumtratt,

Thanks for the very kind words and the quick follow-up 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here