Spotty menus slow

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • 25. Oktober 2017 at 22:03 #32112

I finally went down the Raspberry Pi Route and gave up running LMS on my Synology NAS. I’m using a Raspberry Pi 3B with max2play. Everything works fine (although everything is quite a bit slower than it was on my Intel Synology NAS).

Only the Spotty menus sometimes are really annoyingly slow… When searching for an artist and then browsing artist and albums sometimes I have to wait up to 15 seconds to see the results. In the LMS Webinterface and in iPeng it is samesame – both are slow. Sometimes there’s timeouts.

I don’t think I’m doing something wrong here – the setup of the Pi is fresh, new and still shiny even. I’m resizing cover art locally on LMS, I’m not using mysqueezebox.com for resizing of cover art.

Is this ’speed‘ normal? Can it be improved somehow?

26. Oktober 2017 at 14:01 #32125

Hi cramcram,

While I do not have a reference point for the speed you are experiencing, the LMS should indeed not have any timeouts while using Spotty. At least I never experienced any.

Which version of LMS and which version of Spotty are you using?

26. Oktober 2017 at 22:23 #32134

LMS: Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.1 – 1508904967
    Spotty: 1.9.5

Thanks!

27. Oktober 2017 at 11:46 #32151

Do you have the beta Spotify Connect feature activated? If so, please try deactivating it to rule it out as a source of error.

Also, please check your Health Checker when the playback is slow to see whether the CPU and SD card are affected.

27. Oktober 2017 at 21:32 #32164

No, the Spotify Connect feature is not activated.

This is what the Health Checker says, when playing Tunes via Spotty:

Internet: Connected
    CPU Load: 0.59
    SD Card Usage: 19%
    Temp CPU: 51.0
    Power Supply: OK

I checked the waiting times when navigation through the Spotty menus, in bold what takes (felt) too long:

Click on Spotty Icon <2 seconds
    Click on search Icon <2 seconds
    Type artist, enter <2 seconds
    Click on artist 6 seconds, rather long
    Click on name of artist 6 seconds, rather long
    Click on albums 7 seconds, rather long

Click on name of album <2 seconds
    Time until album starts playing 5 seconds

If you experience the same load time when clicking on artist and albums everything is fine. The last couple of days I didn’t experience any timeouts anymore. Maybe I’m just spoiled by the speed of the Spotify app…

30. Oktober 2017 at 12:59 #32182

Hi cramcram,

6-7 seconds is indeed a little too long waiting for a menu. You might be able to shave off a few seconds with the regular 7.9 version of LMS.

However, the wait might also just be related to the connection to Spotify with librespot.

You could try out the Connect feature to see whether the latency remains.

30. Oktober 2017 at 13:20 #32187

Could you confirm the waiting time from your side? Like that at least I’d know that this ’speed‘ is normal and that nothing is wrong with my system.

1. November 2017 at 17:19 #32238

Hi cramcram,

It varies but the maximum I got was 3 seconds between menus. (RPi3, M2P 2.44, HB AMP2 HAT)

1. November 2017 at 17:40 #32241

Ok, I think I found the culprit. If I change the setting to resize cover art on mysqueezebox.com and not locally menus are fast. Thanks you for your help.

1. November 2017 at 18:14 #32243

Thanks for the follow-up. I will keep this in mind for future troubleshooting.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here