Spotify stops at end of track

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play Add-ons Spotify stops at end of track

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • 3. Dezember 2020 at 4:55 #50398

I’ve been using Max2play running LMS on an Odroid XU4.

I recently started using Spotify but am getting a recurring problem that the music will stop at the end of a track instead of advancing onto the next.

I’m controlling this on an Android phone using the Spotify app and notice that the track playing times seem to go out of sync while the music is playing, then at the end of the track the time on the Spotify app continues indefinitely even though no sound is coming out, the track time on the Orange Squeeze app showing what’s playing on the Squeezebox shows the time as stopped at the end of the track, but it will not advance to next track. If I press track advance it normally then starts playing the next track, then stops again at the end again.

Players are Squeezebox Duets and Touch. I also tried using Squeezelite on a Pi but get same problem on that too.

I tried installing the Spotty helper but didn’t make a difference.

I saw one recommendation here to disable Ogg Vorbis, but no different.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

3. Dezember 2020 at 16:22 #50401

Hi Teetertank,

Are there error messages in the server log when a song stops? The Odroid is a little outdated. We are currently developing mainly for the Raspberry Pi 3 and 4. Therefore we cannot guarantee that no errors will occur on an old device with the latest Max2Play updates. Which version of Max2Play are you using? Does the Health Checker in Settings / Reboot show a high load when you stream via Spotify? Could you also send us the Squeezelite Debug Info at the bottom of the audio player page? If the problem only occurs with Spotify and not with radio streams or similar, the plugin itself may cause the problem. In this case, I would recommend you to look around the slimdevices forum, where you can find the developer of the Spotty plugin.

4. Dezember 2020 at 12:51 #50410

Thanks for the response Mario,

If I’m looking in the right place the log file in LMS under settings, then yes there seems to be a recurring error code: 429

Version of Max2play is: 2.53

The load on the health checker seems low: Pi is showing CPU Load:0.01 when stopped (but should be playing); when streaming the load is: 0.09 to 0.14 (CPU temp is less than 50)

Here’s the Debug info from the Pi as a player:

#### SQUEEZELITE VERSION ####
    Squeezelite Max2Play v1.0.3 based on v1.8.7-999, Copyright 2012-2015 Adrian Smith, 2015-2017 Ralph Irving.

#### SQUEEZELITE BUILDOPTIONS ####
    Build options: LINUX ALSA EVENTFD RESAMPLE FFMPEG VISEXPORT IR GPIO DSD CONTROLSBS ALSASYNC BLUETOOTHSYNC

#### AUDIOPLAYER CONFIG ####
    ### Configuration of Audioplayers
    SQUEEZELITE_PARAMETER=-o sysdefault:CARD=Headphones -a 80:4::
    SQUEEZESLAVE_PARAMETER=-n plugequal
    SHAIRPORT_PARAMETER=-d plug:jack
    USE_USB_DAC=0
    USE_EQUALIZER=0
    SYSTEM_USER=pi
    GMEDIARENDERER_ALSA_DEVICE=plug:jack

#### SQUEEZELITE -l ####
    Output devices:
    null – Discard all samples (playback) or generate zero samples (capture)
    jack – JACK Audio Connection Kit
    pulse – PulseAudio Sound Server
    equal
    plugequal – Equalizer for plughw:0,0
    default:CARD=Headphones – bcm2835 Headphones, bcm2835 Headphones – Default Audio Device
    sysdefault:CARD=Headphones – bcm2835 Headphones, bcm2835 Headphones – Default Audio Device
    dmix:CARD=Headphones,DEV=0 – bcm2835 Headphones, bcm2835 Headphones – Direct sample mixing device
    dsnoop:CARD=Headphones,DEV=0 – bcm2835 Headphones, bcm2835 Headphones – Direct sample snooping device
    hw:CARD=Headphones,DEV=0 – bcm2835 Headphones, bcm2835 Headphones – Direct hardware device without any conversions
    plughw:CARD=Headphones,DEV=0 – bcm2835 Headphones, bcm2835 Headphones – Hardware device with all software conversions
    usbstream:CARD=Headphones – bcm2835 Headphones – USB Stream Output

#### SHAIRPORT (SYNC) VERSION ####
    3.3.1-OpenSSL-Avahi-ALSA-soxr-sysconfdir:/usr/local/etc

#### OUTPUT SOUND DETAILS CARD 0 ####
    access: MMAP_INTERLEAVED
    format: S16_LE
    subformat: STD
    channels: 2
    rate: 44100 (44100/1)
    period_size: 884
    buffer_size: 3536

#### OUTPUT SOUND DETAILS CARD 1 ####

4. Dezember 2020 at 14:04 #50413

Hi Teetertank,

Error code 429 tells us that too many requests have been sent to Spotify. However, I cannot tell you why too many requests were sent. The best thing to do is to ask the developer of the plugin. His name is Micheal Herger and he can be reached via the slimdevices forum.

Profile: https://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?50-mherger

4. Dezember 2020 at 14:19 #50414

OK, thanks for the info.

Will investigate further and try asking Micheal. Otherwise will try the Pi as a server but the Odroid has served me well so far and seems to perform very well otherwise.

All the best.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here