Spotify required option name missing

Max2Play Home 2016 (en) Forums Max2Play Add-ons Spotify required option name missing

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Heiner Moderator 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • 6. Juni 2019 at 5:38 #45624

I just installed the spotify plugin and when it starts, I get this error:

#### Librespot Output ####

#### Librespot Command Line Options ####
    error: Required option 'name' missing
    Usage: /opt/spotifyconnect/librespot [options]

I tried adding „–name PoolPi“ to the command line parameters, but it still gives me the same error.

Has anyone else had this issue?

6. Juni 2019 at 9:35 #45626

Hi djvj,

Were you able to authenticate you premium account yet?

Please try reinstalling Spotify Connect and try logging in again.

7. Juni 2019 at 5:11 #45633

Hi, yes I’m premium. No problems there.

I tried reinstalling it and still get the same issue. When I start the service, it says it starts with a process ID, but when I go to stop it, it says „Unable to stop process – it seems that it is not running“

7. Juni 2019 at 6:28 #45634

So I ended up using the Spotty plugin here on LMS server itself which worked great. This supports multiroom too. Not sure if it forces all rooms all the time or not, cause then I might have to figure out what’s wrong with the max2play plugin then.

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?110455-Announce-Spotty-2-8-x-Spotify-Connect-for-your-Squeezebox

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by  djvj.
    11. Juni 2019 at 11:55 #45648

Hi djvj,

We generally recommend Spotty for all multiroom purposes due to its modular structure in the Squeezebox system.

In our Spotify Connect player, the error you name is not really an error and should not cause the issue of being unable to stop. This is most probably due to multiple players trying to occupy the same sound card and running into occupied ports. You can check this by stopping all players in the Audioplayer menu and restarting the Spotify Connect player. However, your best bet with multiroom is Spotty, as I mentioned.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here