Spotify no longer plays with Hifiberry AMP2

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play Add-ons Spotify no longer plays with Hifiberry AMP2

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • 8. April 2020 at 1:50 #48419

First time user here. Set up max2play on a Pi3+. Squeezebox, Shairport and Spotify were working.

After adding the Hifiberry amp I can no longer get sound output from Spotify.

I’m curious about the option for:
    Output device for your Music (must not be in use by another player) – Set to ALSA.

Squeezelite and shairport are both set to use the hifiberry.

The Spotify app will detect the MAX2play device and the squeezelight player will cut out. But no sound output.

My goal here is to set up a multi zone capable ‘template’ for music players. Airplay, Spotify and music services are a must.

At this point I am working with a base unit, Pi3+ that is to function as a squeezebox server and player.

Any recommendation on how to fix this, or if I should use a different Spotify plugin, is welcome.

• This topic was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by ackray.
    9. April 2020 at 15:51 #48433

Hi ackray,

In order for Spotify Connect to work with your sound card, you should select it under „Output Device“ instead of ALSA. I then recommend you to enter the URL of the Squeezebox server under „Spotify/Squeezelite automatic Audio-Switch“ so that Squeezelite and Spotify do not get in each other’s way.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here