Spotify Connect or Spotty for Multi-Room System?

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play as Squeezebox (Player / Server) Spotify Connect or Spotty for Multi-Room System?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • 17. April 2018 at 20:59 #35213

Hello! I am new to streaming. I just activated premium licenses for Max2Play and Spotify.

I would like to have a multi-room system with Pi Zero W and active speakers stream music from a central Pi Zero server. I just posted a question about a problem I have having with Spotify Connect.

However, since my long range goal is to have a multi-room system, I am unsure if Spotty or Spotify Connect would work for me. I tried to follow the Spotty topics in the forum, but I am unsure how to activate it from my system since I have been working to get Spotify Connect active.

However, I thought I would ask folks what the appropriate system for a multi0-room system would be. Thank you for your guidance. Best regards.

Mike

24. April 2018 at 13:27 #35292

Hi Mike,

I would suggest using Spotty for multiroom as it has a lot more advantages with the Squeezebox Server as a central unit.

You can use our HowTo-Page on setting up Spotty for easy setup.

24. April 2018 at 14:16 #35309

Thank you!

Mike

24. April 2018 at 19:09 #35320

Hello! Just a quick note. I was able to get Spotty working with my Pi Zero W and HiFiBerry DAC+ without any problem.

Since I want to use this setup as in a room of a multi-room setup, I don’t need Spotify Connect as per your comments.

I’ll proceed with the setup for the rooms using Spotty and Logitech Media Server. I’m still not sure what the issue is with Pi Zero W and Spotify Connect, but it does not appear to be needed for my configuration.

Thank you for your help. Best regards.

Mike

26. April 2018 at 13:04 #35346

Hi Mike,

Glad to hear it 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here