Spotify Connect – GLIBC_2.15' not found (required by /opt/spotifyconnect/libresp

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play Add-ons Spotify Connect – GLIBC_2.15' not found (required by /opt/spotifyconnect/libresp

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 22. August 2018 at 3:16 #37089

Hi there,

I’ve updated very old Max2Play instance via apt-get and then installed Spotify Connect plugin. When I try to start it, it complains:

Trying to launch … NOT successful Click here to show detailed information
    /opt/spotifyconnect/librespot: /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.15′ not found (required by /opt/spotifyconnect/librespot)
    /opt/spotifyconnect/librespot: /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.18′ not found (required by /opt/spotifyconnect/librespot)
    /opt/spotifyconnect/librespot: /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.17′ not found (required by /opt/spotifyconnect/librespot)

The following also did not help:

pi@max2play ~ $ sudo apt-get install libc6
    Reading package lists… Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information… Done
    libc6 is already the newest version.
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 7 not upgraded.

Any ideas?

Cheers

22. August 2018 at 13:43 #37115

Hi vklotov,

If it’s not too much to configure, you might consider burning our new Stretch Image.

Depending on how old the image is, the version of Raspbian it’s based on might have a compatibility issue.

22. August 2018 at 21:56 #37146

Hi Heiner, thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, installing a new image is not an option for me as this is a valve amplifier with raspberry pi inside and it is quite difficult to get to the pi. Is there any other options?

I’ve upgraded the kernel and all packages, but still having the same issue.

Cheers,
    Vlad

23. August 2018 at 9:42 #37182

Hi Vlad,

As mentioned it seems to be a dependency issue with an older version. You can check if it’s based on jessie or wheezy in the debug info of Settings/Reboot. If it’s wheezy, the version might be too old.

However, you can also check out the Spotty plugin for Squeezebox Server if burning a new image is completely out of the question. It has a Spotify Connect feature as well and turns all Squzeezelite players Spotify compatible.

23. August 2018 at 23:23 #37233

Hi @Heiner,

I’ve re-installed max2play by using the latest image. Right after I install it and booted, I installed Sotify Connect, It seemed to me it was working, at leas it was not complaining (I could not check audio at that point) and I could connect to it from a desktop Spotify app.

However, once I updated max2play and rpi packages, it started to complain when I start it:

Trying to launch … NOT successful Click here to show detailed information
    error: Unrecognized option: ‚onstart‘
    Usage: /opt/spotifyconnect/librespot [options]

Options:
    -c, –cache CACHE Path to a directory where files will be cached.
    –disable-audio-cache
    Disable caching of the audio data.

Any ideas on that? Cheers

23. August 2018 at 23:32 #37234

Right… I’ve removed „Spotify/Squeezelite automatic Audio-Switch“ config option and it start now ok.

24. August 2018 at 12:33 #37261

Hi vkolotov,

Please check if you have the same output value in both players. If so, choose one with „default“ and one with „sysdefault“, then the feature should work, too.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here