Sound settings for Browser playbacks

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI Sound settings for Browser playbacks

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • 8. Februar 2020 at 18:48 #47998

Hi all,

i’m currently enjoying a max2play setup on my raspberry 3 with a connected to my (very old) stereo and TV Monitor. ALthough the squeezebox enables almost all demands we have on listening to deezer and stuff, i’m missing a very particular ritual. We like to listen a radio program every sunday, which is available after broadcasting online. So usually, i connect my cell phone, go to the webpage and hit play, or i can use the app/mediathek of the radio station. However, it is not available as podcast, and listening live is timewise not a possibility.
    However, as there is a VNC option available, i can start a browser on the raspberry, browser the webpage and …. horrible sound. So i did found some solutions which fixes sound problems for firefox on raspberry’s, however it involves adding packages, which i like to avoid as a general approach. You guys did put a lot of effort in setting up sound libs and configs, so everythings works out of the box. So before i go on an fix the firefox, i was looking for a hint how to do that without breaking the settings for squeezebox and kodi.
    And, of course, i’m open to other options. I guess the main problem though is that the broadcast is not part of the regular mediathek. I was quickly considering recording, but also found no direct solution to that.

So, any help or hint is highly appreciated 🙂

Best, Bastlwastl

24. März 2020 at 15:39 #48237

Hi Bastlwastl,

If you can play the program from your phone, you can consider using the DLNA/UPNP options of Max2Play for direct streaming or try out our Bluetooth beta plugin.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here