Max2Play Home 2016 (en) › Forums › Max2Play on Raspberry PI › Some questions from a noob : will Max2Play work with my config and needs ?
Tagged: android, Configuration, Raspberry Pi
This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Heiner premium 4 years, 7 months ago.
Posted in: Max2Play on Raspberry PI
17. August 2018 at 17:45 #36985
I am quite a noob with mediacenters and so on. Apologize if some questions may be very simple ones…
I’ve just installed a new Raspberry Pi 3B+ with a JustBoom Amp Hat.
I have speakers and a LED Screen. Everything works well, but there are some things I can not achieve till now (Raspbian / Kodi).
It appears that M2P could be a very good product for me, but some points are not clear while reading all docs…
What I would like to be able to do :
– to control music or videos from my smartphone (android) or Raspberry Pi (to date, I have Raspbian but I can format SD and install other OS if needed)
– to listen to music without lighting on my LED Screen, from my Android device
– to use my Spotify and Netflix premium accounts
– to use my VPN service (I need to access some media contents from both North America and Europe…)
– I would prefer not using Kodi, which is a mess on my devices and material (cannot fit a correct screen configuration, cannot install a proper Netflix plugin, etc.)
My devices and materials :
– Raspberry Pi 3B+
– Justboom AMP Hat
– LED Screen
– smartphone : Android 8.0.0
– WIFI / Ethernet
My questions :
– would M2P provide features I want ? with or without Kodi plugin ?
– there is a M2P Spotify plugin. Is there a Netflix one ?
– do I need to install / purchase different versions of M2P (one for Raspeberry Pi, the other for my Android device) ?
Thanks a lot for any help !
All the best,17. August 2018 at 18:00 #36986
Yes, I think you can do most of that. You will need to install Logitech Media Server onto the Pi as well as squeezelite as the links to Spotify etc are done in that part of the ’system‘, but you can access music files on any disc that you can mount, and you can have multiple mounted ‚disks‘ I use commercial app for Andoid phone control called Orange Squeeze, it’s excellent. I’ve not tried anything to do with Video so Netflix may be the one thing it can’t do… however there is a Netflix plugin, but not sure what it actually does:
One thing you can do with the RPi, is keep several different cards for different jobs, so my ‚holiday music server‘ is used for completely different jobs when I’m not actually at work.18. August 2018 at 2:10 #36991
Thanks a lot for your quick answer ! I will check all that thanks to your information, surely it will work 😉
Best,20. August 2018 at 16:05 #37010
First of all thanks to jem for the quick response in my absence! 🙂
Our only video player is Kodi, so for Netflix you might have to resort to that. However, you can also use the browser to just access it from the desktop.
However, I would recommend you just download the image and check it out. While some plugins are premium, most of what you want is already accessible to you for free. 😉
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.