SNMP

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • 20. April 2022 at 17:00 #52193

I am wondering if anyone has set up SNMP on their device. I have not been able to find an add-on so I have to assume that it would need to be cone from the terminal.
    I have set up on other pi devices, so not opposed to doing it that way but an add-on would be more harmonious with M2P.

Does M2P have any concerns about users setting up additional background services?

21. April 2022 at 12:24 #52194

Hi lostcluster,

We do not offer a plugin for SNMP, so you would have to set up a server manually. To what extent SNMP could get in the way of other Max2Play services is difficult to assess. In most cases, such things run without problems. However, we cannot guarantee that Max2Play will still function correctly after the server has been installed. In the worst case, you would have to set up a fresh Max2Play image again if something goes wrong. So maybe it’s best to back up your image before installing SNMP if you have made a lot of changes to the system. If you have hardly adjusted your Max2Play OS anyway, you can simply try out SNMP and burn a new image afterwards if necessary.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here