Simple switch between audio/video (Jivelite/Kodi)?

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI Simple switch between audio/video (Jivelite/Kodi)?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • 7. Oktober 2019 at 22:10 #47240

Hello,

I have been using my M2P pro installation for a long time as a standalone music player with the Audiophonics DAC, which is perfect.
    Now to go one step further I built it in a nice Mediaplayer-box, and I also want the M2P to serve as my mediaplayer for video.
    I can start Kodi 18 from the webinterface, and manually switch the display to HDMI instead of the integrated RPi 7″ Display, and then I can watch videos. When I want to go back to listening music, I have to switch to RPi display manually again.

In my opinion this is not something I can ask from my family. I think there should be one button (hardware or software) to switch from audioplayer to Kodi mediacenter. I don’t need the two displays simultaneously, but I want Kodi on the HDMI and Jivelite on the RPi display without too much effort.

How can I do this? Am I missing something? I can’t be the only one with this wish?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Regards,
    Bart

8. Oktober 2019 at 12:39 #47248

Just out of curiosity, how are you „Manually“ switching between the 7″ display and HDMI?

I am asking because the only way I found so far is to edit the config.txt file, disable the 7″ display here and reboot.
    Any other way so far results in the PI displaying JiveLite on the 7″ and a desktop on the HDMI. If I then start Kodi, Kodi runs on the 7″ and the HDMI goes black. And there is no other display listed in the Kodi configuration.

14. Oktober 2019 at 14:11 #47281

Hi Erwin,
    Normally I just untick the box „use RPI display“ in the Raspberry Pi menu. Then all the images go to my HDMI monitor, and I can watch a movie there. After finishing the movie I tick „Use RPI display“ again and everything moves to the small display…
    However, I think this is too much work for my family, so I’d prefer to find another way.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here