[SOLVED] Significant delay when using AirPlay/Shairport

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play Add-ons [SOLVED] Significant delay when using AirPlay/Shairport

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 3. Dezember 2018 at 21:58 #42509

Hi,
    I have a Max2Play Squeezebox/Squeezelite setup on a Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+.
    When I use AirPlay from any of my Apple devices, there is always a significant delay of around 1-4 seconds. This means that it is impractical for tasks such as videos, games and phone calls.

Is there a way to reduce this delay?

Thanks,
    Josh

3. Dezember 2018 at 22:06 #42510

Sorry, I am actually using the ShairTunes2 plugin for Squeezebox instead of Shairport

4. Dezember 2018 at 17:09 #42556

Hi Josh,

Yes, if you have not yet try connecting via ethernet cable. Also make sure your Pi is running smooth in the Settings/Reboot’s Health Checker during playback. You can also check your power supply, we recommend using 5V 3A with the 3B+ and if you have USB periphery connected try removing that too.

4. Dezember 2018 at 23:13 #42567

Hi,
    I am unable to wire an ethernet cable to my Raspberry Pi as it is a long way away from any router/switch and all Powerline adapters don’t seem to work well.

I do have a 5V 3A power supply, and the only USB peripherals I have is one USB sound card.

The health checker’s results:
    Internet: Connected
    CPU Load: 0.23
    SD Card Usage: 14%
    Temp CPU: 51.5
    Power Supply: OK

Thanks, Josh

7. Dezember 2018 at 12:27 #42594

Then it should be an issue with your WiFi. With AirPlay you stream from your phone to your router to your Pi. So the distance and WiFi modules‘ signal strength matter the most.

You can try a WiFi adapter if you have one available.

9. Dezember 2018 at 14:59 #42620

Ok, thank you for your help.

Josh

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here