Shut Down Wifi drop

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • 17. Dezember 2017 at 19:59 #32999

For some reason my RP3 with 7″ touch screen is disconnecting from Wifi when turned off (on screen power button or server web interface). I have a second unit that doesn’t have the touch screen and it is working fine. Any ideas on what is happening???

18. Dezember 2017 at 16:26 #33022

Hi Staudie,

What power supply are using and could you try using directly on one power outlet.

19. Dezember 2017 at 16:06 #33050

Heiner,

Im only using a single NorthPada 5V 3A power supply from Amazon. I tried a different outlet and the WiFi worked with the screen off but the touch screen was unresponsive. I moved to a third outlet and the screen started to respond but the WiFi is shutting down when the screen is powered off.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by Staudie.
    19. Dezember 2017 at 17:19 #33054

Hi Staudie,

It seems the screen is impeding on the WiFi signal. You could either try using a WiFi dongle or check another power supply, to make sure your problem is caused by either.

20. Dezember 2017 at 16:31 #33068

Heiner

I will give your suggestion a try. Last night I streamed music for several hours with this player. Once I stopped the stream and hit the power button (upper left corner of main menu) the player disappeared from the my server. If I touch the screen the player will show on the server and the server will show the power as on. Weird it never did this before 2.54… did the script for the power button change or the screen saver?

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by Staudie.
    29. Dezember 2017 at 14:04 #33133

Hi Staudie,

Not sure I understand your problem exactly. Which power button are you referring to and what would its preferred behaviour, other than shutting down the device? In any case, you can make sure that volume hardware control enabled if your sound card supports it.

30. Dezember 2017 at 20:15 #33162

This player consist of a RP3 with a hifiberry digi+ pro and 7″ touch screen. The power button I speaking off is on the home menu of the screen (the jivelite power button). In the past when pressed it would shut off the unit but the wifi would stay on and remain connected to the squeeze server and wifi router. I know this because the player would show on the servers web interface (10.10.10.1:9000). Now when I press the power button the unit shuts off and the play drops from the servers player list with in 30 seconds. Also when I turn the unit off from the servers web interface the player will disconnect (drop from the server list) after about 1 minute. There are two ways to turn the player on, touch the screen or use my Squeeze Ctrl app on my android phone. I have two other units with a hifiberry amps and no touch screen (one is the sever and wired LAN) that I can turn the players on and off from the server interface without the player dropping from the list of players. It seems to me there has been a change to when the jivelite power button does.

My work around has been to set the „when stopped“ screen saver to blank screen. Problem is when ever any other player is turned on the touch screen unit will sync with unit I turned on.

Thanks for your help and time
    Staudie

5. Januar 2018 at 11:20 #33236

Hi Staudie,

There are different power buttons in Jivelite.

The one in the top left corner when a player is select shuts the player down while the one in the main menu shuts Jivelite down.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here