[SOLVED] Shairtunes 2

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI [SOLVED] Shairtunes 2

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • 13. März 2018 at 17:01 #34401

Hello

I have 1 Raspberry pi 2 on which is installed LMS, I use it only for LMS (no card Dac or Amp just LMS)
    and 2 Raspberry Pi zero W on which are installed HifiBerry Dac card and no LMS.
    I know this card does not support 2 player at the same time.
    I would like to know where I install the Shairtunes 2 plugin? Because I understand that this plugin works with LMS.
    thank you for your comeback.

14. März 2018 at 15:24 #34421

Hi medapayne,

If you have our default image, this plugin should come preinstalled. You can find in the LMS settings under plugins under the name of shairtunes2 (fork).

14. März 2018 at 19:05 #34427

Thank you for the answer but it remains confusing.
    1 – On my PI 2 where is LMS I activate it ok but on my PI zero where are my DAC cards what do I do?
    Because no LMS on it.
    2- What is the option in the Shairport advanced settings where I can enter the IP? what effect does this produce?
    3 – I see Shairtunes in the plugins under LMS but when I activate it does not matter but after restarting the option is unchecked.

I am really confused in all this I am in dire need of your help.
    thank you in advance

15. März 2018 at 14:20 #34452

Hi medapayne,

Sorry about the confusion.

All players (your zero’s, too) connected to the LMS with shairtunes2 on it automatically turn into AirPlay devices.

Make sure you only have the shairtunes2 (fork) plugin active and no other plugins called shairtunes in the LMS settings.

The IP in shairport is for an automatic switch between Squeezelite and shairport. So if you want to use both, this feature makes sure that one does crash the other when both are being played.

16. März 2018 at 11:04 #34467

Hi Heiner

I’m really sorry but but I do not understand this step :

„All players (your zero’s, too) connected to the LMS with shairtunes2 on it automatically turn into AirPlay devices.“

1 – how do I connect the PI zero on Shaitunes 2 with LMS?
    How will LMS know to use Shairtunes 2 for PI Zero?
    2 – I must be installed something on PI zero?
    3 – What is the difference between using Shairtune 2 or entering an IP in Shairport advanced settings?

PS: I see Shairtunes in the plugins under LMS but when I activate it does not matter but after restarting the option is unchecked.

I am really sorry for all these questions.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by medapayne.
    19. März 2018 at 13:16 #34522

If it’s unchecked it’s not active. Please check whether it’s the FORK version and that not other versions are active.

The plugin adds AirPlay functionality to all Squeezelite players connected to the LMS, you can see them connected in the top right corner of your LMS menu.

19. März 2018 at 13:34 #34529

thank’s again

for this point can you advise me please :

3 – What is the difference between using Shairtune 2 or entering an IP in Shairport advanced settings?

20. März 2018 at 20:35 #34586

Hi Heiner
    Sorry can you give a answer please for my last question.
    I appreciate
    Thx

22. März 2018 at 12:23 #34645

Hy Heiner

Sorry i insist but can you answer me about that please :

„What is the difference between using Shairtune 2 or entering an IP in Shairport advanced settings?“

THX

22. März 2018 at 12:49 #34647

Hi medapayne,

shairtunes2 turns all Pi’s with Squeezelite, connected to the server its on AirPlay-compatible while only allows for transition between two players on one Pi.

22. März 2018 at 14:38 #34656

So i must be use Shairtunes 2 and entering an IP in Shairport advanced settings?
    i must be desactivate Shairport player if i use Shairtunes 2?

23. März 2018 at 15:11 #34698

i would like work on it this WE 😉 is my last question 😊

26. März 2018 at 8:48 #34728

It’s SOLVED for me thx

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here