Shairport Digi+ Musical Fidelity A3.24

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI Shairport Digi+ Musical Fidelity A3.24

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • 15. April 2018 at 16:44 #35192

Hello,

My R Pi 3 B and hifiberry Digi+ Pro are running max2play 245.

I have connected the digital outputs, both with the same result, to my Musical Fidelity Dac A3.24.

I cannot get any sound. I think the audio data stream is not compatible. What can I do?

The debug info is as follows:

#### SQUEEZELITE VERSION ####
    Squeezelite Max2Play v1.0.2 based on v1.8.4-726, Copyright 2012-2015 Adrian Smith, 2015-2016 Ralph Irving.

#### SQUEEZELITE BUILDOPTIONS ####
    Build options: LINUX ALSA EVENTFD RESAMPLE FFMPEG VISEXPORT IR GPIO DSD CONTROLSBS ALSASYNC BLUETOOTHSYNC

#### AUDIOPLAYER CONFIG ####
    ### Configuration of Audioplayers
    SQUEEZELITE_PARAMETER=-o default:CARD=sndrpihifiberry -a 80:4::
    SQUEEZESLAVE_PARAMETER=-n plugequal
    SHAIRPORT_PARAMETER=-d default:CARD=sndrpihifiberry
    USE_USB_DAC=0
    USE_EQUALIZER=0
    SYSTEM_USER=pi
    YMPD_PARAMETER=–webport 8081

#### SQUEEZELITE -l ####
    Output devices:
    null – Discard all samples (playback) or generate zero samples (capture)
    equal
    plugequal – Equalizer for plughw:0,0
    default:CARD=ALSA – bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 ALSA – Default Audio Device
    sysdefault:CARD=ALSA – bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 ALSA – Default Audio Device
    dmix:CARD=ALSA,DEV=0 – bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 ALSA – Direct sample mixing device
    dmix:CARD=ALSA,DEV=1 – bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 IEC958/HDMI – Direct sample mixing device
    dsnoop:CARD=ALSA,DEV=0 – bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 ALSA – Direct sample snooping device
    dsnoop:CARD=ALSA,DEV=1 – bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 IEC958/HDMI – Direct sample snooping device
    hw:CARD=ALSA,DEV=0 – bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 ALSA – Direct hardware device without any conversions
    hw:CARD=ALSA,DEV=1 – bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 IEC958/HDMI – Direct hardware device without any conversions
    plughw:CARD=ALSA,DEV=0 – bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 ALSA – Hardware device with all software conversions
    plughw:CARD=ALSA,DEV=1 – bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 IEC958/HDMI – Hardware device with all software conversions
    default:CARD=sndrpihifiberry – snd_rpi_hifiberry_digi, – Default Audio Device
    sysdefault:CARD=sndrpihifiberry – snd_rpi_hifiberry_digi, – Default Audio Device
    iec958:CARD=sndrpihifiberry,DEV=0 – snd_rpi_hifiberry_digi, – IEC958 (S/PDIF) Digital Audio Output
    dmix:CARD=sndrpihifiberry,DEV=0 – snd_rpi_hifiberry_digi, – Direct sample mixing device
    dsnoop:CARD=sndrpihifiberry,DEV=0 – snd_rpi_hifiberry_digi, – Direct sample snooping device
    hw:CARD=sndrpihifiberry,DEV=0 – snd_rpi_hifiberry_digi, – Direct hardware device without any conversions
    plughw:CARD=sndrpihifiberry,DEV=0 – snd_rpi_hifiberry_digi, – Hardware device with all software conversions

#### SHAIRPORT (SYNC) VERSION ####
    3.1.1-OpenSSL-Avahi-ALSA-soxr-sysconfdir:/usr/local/etc

#### OUTPUT SOUND DETAILS CARD 0 ####
    closed

#### OUTPUT SOUND DETAILS CARD 1 ####
    access: MMAP_INTERLEAVED
    format: S24_LE
    subformat: STD
    channels: 2
    rate: 44100 (44100/1)
    period_size: 882
    buffer_size: 3528

23. April 2018 at 13:37 #35275

Hi contax,

Have you tried playing a common radio channel to rule out the file format or rights as a source of error? Please also try selecting „none“ in the HiFiBerry plugin, rebooting, reselecting the Digi+ and rebooting once more.

27. April 2018 at 12:56 #35363

Hello Heiner,

The problem was solved stopping the Squeezelite process. I do not know how to have both processes (shairport and Squeezelite) running.

I have another issue. Now I have two RPi with max2play 245, one at home at one at my office:

– Home: Rpi 3 B and hifiberry Digi+ Pro: works perfect. Tested one week without shutting down the RPi and Shairport is always running.
    – Office: RPi 3 B+ and hifiberry Dac+Pro: the airplay device dissappears many times a day. The hifiberry dac+ green led is off when shairport dissappears. I usually solve it killing the process and starting it again.

I looks that there are stability problems running above RPi 3 B+ or running above the RPi 3 B+ + hifiberry dac combination.

Is it possible to get any logs in order to debug the problem.

Thanks for your help.

Best regaards,
    Mario

2. Mai 2018 at 9:31 #35403

Hi Mario,

You need the name or IP of the device with the Squeezebox Server in Shairport’s advanced settings.

We have not experienced these stability problems, yet. But we will recreate the setup try to find the same errors.

Could you try exchanging the Pi’s to see if the problems persist with the 3B?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here