Shairport Buffer Delay

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI Shairport Buffer Delay

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • 28. Januar 2017 at 17:07 #26377

Hi I would like to ask for some help as I have done multiroom audio in my home with m2p but one of my rooms has 3 computers in room, they will play audio of films using TuneBlade at all the times but shairport has very huge delay for bufferization. So what i mean if you are watching film your audio of film will be behined 2-3 seconds how could i bring it to 0 ? Thanks

29. Januar 2017 at 21:04 #26394

After few hours of searching I have found the Archive of Shairtunes 1 and 2 that is used for squezebox server and few files with settings in compiled files. However quezebox is instant and has no delay. Shairtunes.zip has a folder src with a file „hairtunes.c“ and there is line „#define START_FILL 100“ How could I get same config file for plugin installed in /opt/shairport I take it that is airplay not the plugin for squezebox ?

Please help me out if you can guys I hope I am clear enough am kinda newbie in this whole thing [=

• This reply was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by splitek.
    14. Februar 2017 at 16:52 #26925

Dear splitek,

Sorry for the late response, we have tested TuneBlade and you can configure the settings for the latency, by clicking on settings > AirPlay Streaming > and choose Real-time Streaming or Custom buffer size to 0.

I think that solution would be the most convenient for you, instead of recoding the plugin, if you are a developer, you can check the whole project on:

https://github.com/max2play/webinterface

Best Regards,
    Mohammad Mbydeen

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here