Setup of Pi Zero W – Hifiberry Miniamp – Rotary Encoder – Screen 2.8 Watterott

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI Setup of Pi Zero W – Hifiberry Miniamp – Rotary Encoder – Screen 2.8 Watterott

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 11. Mai 2019 at 11:11 #45375

Good day,

I need help regarding the following setup:

Pi Zero W
    Hifiberry Miniamp
    Rotary Encoder
    Screen 2.8 Watterott

I am using an old transistor radio as part of a multiroom system (2 old transitor radios with Pi Zero / Miniamp; 1 stereo system with RPi 3 & Hifiberry DAC and my CD collection in ALAC format on a HD; 1 stereo system with RPi 3 and IQaudio DAC; 1 iPad with 2 UE Megaboom via iPeng)

Everything works fine.

I tested the 2.8 Screen on a Rpi 3 with the max2play setup and it worked. I could control the whole system.
    I tested the Rotary encoder on the IQaudio DAC and it worked fine.

This is the plan for one of the two transistor radios (Rpi Zero W / Hifiberry Miniamp):
    – Adding the 2.8 screen into the back of the radio
    – Adding the rotary encoder incl. the stop/play function (push)

I bought the GPIO Adapter for RPi-Display B+ to be more flexible regarding the build.

Thank you for some advise!

Regards

Hans

12. Mai 2019 at 12:30 #45377

A short update:

Soldered the rotary encoder to GPIO 23/24. Hifiberry says that these two GPIO are not used by Hifiberry Miniamp.
    Installed the rotary software via the max2play interface.
    Added „-c hw:0 -m Digital –gpiorot=23,24 –vol=60„ to the rotary encoder starting options.
    Added „-o hw:CARD=sndrpihifiberry -V Digital -Q“ to squeezelite command line

Volume control is not working.
    Under hardware control it says „rotary encoder software NOT running.

12. Mai 2019 at 12:34 #45378

And the debug:

#### SQUEEZELITE VERSION ####
    Squeezelite Max2Play v1.0.3 based on v1.8.7-999, Copyright 2012-2015 Adrian Smith, 2015-2017 Ralph Irving.

#### SQUEEZELITE BUILDOPTIONS ####
    Build options: LINUX ALSA EVENTFD RESAMPLE FFMPEG VISEXPORT IR GPIO DSD CONTROLSBS ALSASYNC BLUETOOTHSYNC

#### AUDIOPLAYER CONFIG ####
    ### Configuration of Audioplayers
    SQUEEZELITE_PARAMETER=-o sysdefault:CARD=sndrpihifiberry -a 80:4:: -o hw:CARD=sndrpihifiberry -V Digital -Q
    SQUEEZESLAVE_PARAMETER=-n plugequal
    SHAIRPORT_PARAMETER=-d default:CARD=sndrpihifiberry
    USE_USB_DAC=0
    USE_EQUALIZER=0
    SYSTEM_USER=pi
    YMPD_PARAMETER=–webport 8081

#### SQUEEZELITE -l ####
    Output devices:
    null – Discard all samples (playback) or generate zero samples (capture)
    equal
    plugequal – Equalizer for plughw:0,0
    default:CARD=sndrpihifiberry – snd_rpi_hifiberry_dac, – Default Audio Device
    sysdefault:CARD=sndrpihifiberry – snd_rpi_hifiberry_dac, – Default Audio Device
    dmix:CARD=sndrpihifiberry,DEV=0 – snd_rpi_hifiberry_dac, – Direct sample mixing device
    dsnoop:CARD=sndrpihifiberry,DEV=0 – snd_rpi_hifiberry_dac, – Direct sample snooping device
    hw:CARD=sndrpihifiberry,DEV=0 – snd_rpi_hifiberry_dac, – Direct hardware device without any conversions
    plughw:CARD=sndrpihifiberry,DEV=0 – snd_rpi_hifiberry_dac, – Hardware device with all software conversions

#### SHAIRPORT (SYNC) VERSION ####
    3.1.1-OpenSSL-Avahi-ALSA-soxr-sysconfdir:/usr/local/etc

#### OUTPUT SOUND DETAILS CARD 0 ####
    access: MMAP_INTERLEAVED
    format: S32_LE
    subformat: STD
    channels: 2
    rate: 44100 (44100/1)
    period_size: 882
    buffer_size: 3528

#### OUTPUT SOUND DETAILS CARD 1 ####

14. Mai 2019 at 14:46 #45405

Hello Hans,

We have not had any experience with the MiniAmp and rotary support. Could you try the solution directly on the Pi to rule out the pins as an issue?

19. Februar 2021 at 10:45 #50816

Hallo Hans,

did you get this setup working? I have the same components: Raspberry Pi Zero + Hifiberry MiniAmp + Rotary Encoder.
    And the same result like you: „rotary encoder software NOT running.“

Thanks alot.
    Raphael

19. Februar 2021 at 10:57 #50817

Good morning,

I tried and finally I just got the Amp Zero from JustBoom and the rotary encoder works fine. Easy setup via max2play hardware control.

I can’t remember, but I believe, I switched because I did’nt get the Hifiberry Amp working.

Gruß

Hans

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here