Setup a bluetooth player, now having issues streaming from NAS

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI Setup a bluetooth player, now having issues streaming from NAS

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • 2. September 2017 at 10:13 #31082

I’ve just set up a new image following the indistructable bluetooth article so I can stream music from my phone etc to my speakers. This works fine but I’m now having issues playing music from my NAS controlled by swueeze commander app.

When I try and play something it stutters and is super slow, like the tempo is 1.

Would this have something to do with setting both player settings to ‚pulse‘ as per the article?

I’m using a Pi B+ which works fine with bluetooth. There shouldn’t be am issue streaming from NAS as I’ve been using an old Pi 1 to stream from NAS before setting up bluetooth player.

2. September 2017 at 12:55 #31084

Anyone know if the MultiShairport plugin may fix this?

4. September 2017 at 13:16 #31101

Can anyone help on this?

If not, can anyone advise a setup that I can stream to my player from my phone over bluetooth and also stream from my NAS?

4. September 2017 at 14:19 #31104

Hi wassell,

It does have something to do with pulse. You need the other Bluetooth option for your setup. Then, you can remove pulse from outputs and select correct output of your device you would normally use:

Setting up Squeezebox Server to stream audio via Bluetooth to multiple connected players is easy too. This only works for the Squeezebox Server running on this device! Make sure to have your smartphone connected successfully and click the install button below.
    Afterwards, you see the „Bluetooth-Player“ in your Squeezebox Server favorites and it will play automatically when you start streaming from a Bluetooth device and switch back once finished streaming!

Bluetooth support is not installed yet! First install Bluetooth on this page and then set up Squeezebox Server to use Bluetooth as Audio Input!

4. September 2017 at 14:36 #31116

Great, thanks for the reply. I’ll try and have a go at this later and let you know how I get on.

Cheers!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here