Setting Mouse cursor visible in 7" Touch Display Image for Raspi

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI Setting Mouse cursor visible in 7" Touch Display Image for Raspi

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • 18. Januar 2017 at 2:31 #26013

Hi,

I want to config the 7″ Touch Display Image on a Raspi 3 Model B with normal mouse and keyboard input at a normal HDMI display without any touch capatability (only for testing purposes before ordering the touch display). But however there is no mouse cursor visible, which is very inconvenient in this case. Trying to install another cursor theme (like described in this article) did not fix that problem. How to manage that?

Thanx in advance!

• This topic was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by drundanibel.
    18. Januar 2017 at 17:18 #26052

Hi drundanibel,
    There is a feature to hide the cursor in the RPi Display menu. If you did not get a cursor at all, please try activating it and again removing it.

18. Januar 2017 at 22:27 #26109

Hi Heiner,

thanx for your reply. Actually I do not see this option. Probably because I still have no max2play-license at the moment.

But frankly, I had not assumed that this image, which was announced to come with touchscreen support, would be limited in that surprising way. No question, you do a good job here! And I would be willing to pay a reasonable one-off amount (by the way: this does not justify a subscription model) if I were sure I could use this image for all my special home server and media client purposes in a stable way. But unfortunately I can not test it, because I don’t see my mouse. 🙁 Do you have a hint, how I can make my mouse pointer visible with a terminal command?

Thank you and best regards

22. Februar 2017 at 17:37 #27130

Hi drundanibel,
    Sorry about the late response.

This topic might help you: https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=123457

23. Februar 2017 at 13:11 #27167

Hi Heiner,

thanks, but unfortunately not, I guess. I don’t want to use VNC, because I connect directly to the Raspi hardware via HDMI. Or did I misunderstand your reference to that link?

Anyway, I would have expected, that there was used a tool like ‚unclutter‘ for supressing the mouse cursor. Then I could have turned it off easily. But this is obviously not the case. What is it then?

Thanks and best regards

24. Februar 2017 at 17:21 #27206

Hi drundanibel,
    Unclutter should be reverted once you move the cursor again. There seems to be an issue with your image, please try burning a fresh one.

26. Februar 2017 at 23:33 #27249

Hi Heiner,

unfortunately not, again. I’d already tried this out because of some other cirumstances. With no effect for this specific problem. Meanwhile, I’ve already given up and deleted the image. But if I will give it a try again, I could then try killing a possibly running process of unclutter.

Thanks and best regards

27. Februar 2017 at 16:32 #27284

Hi drundanibel

Please try and we are waiting for your response 🙂

Regards,
    Mohammad Mbydeen

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here