Set up wifi connect in accespoint modus.

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI Set up wifi connect in accespoint modus.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • 18. Januar 2017 at 20:11 #26106

Hello,
    I have a question about the accespoint functionallity.
    I want to make a sonos like speaker. The speaker is made in a old ammobox.
    Everything is working fine when i’am on my own network but now the killer question.
    Is it possible to setup something that when my raspberry with max2play has no network connection it turns into a accespoint?
    What i want to create is chromecast look a like login.
    So when there is no network connection, the accespoint functionallity will start up. I connect with this accespoint go to the wifi setup en scan for a other wifi network.
    Fill in the login en done the accespoint will turn off (a button to turn in off is alright for me).
    Hope to here frome someone soon.

26. Januar 2017 at 13:35 #26327

Hello Svenmeeuwissen,

You can easily turn your RPI into an accesspoint for other WiFi-devices, Have you tried our access point plugin:

https://www.max2play.com/en/portfolio/plugin-access-point-2/

Once installed the plugin an new WiFi network created by this device enables other devices to access its features and services. It also shares the internet connection if available and forwards all traffic to the LAN-network,as long as the accesspoint is installed, you cannot connect to other WiFi-networks with this device.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here