Security issue

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • 12. Januar 2022 at 10:02 #51920

Hi

I’ve been trying to log into my M2P so I can add more albums to it. However, I can’t get into the system via my network using samba from my pc. It simply will not accept my password/user name.

So, I have to disconnect the M2P drive from the M2P then plug it into my pc USB and do it that way ( copy/paste). It’s a real pain.

However, on my phone I have two apps, Samba and Jet Audio. These both ask for my user name and password credentials to gain access to the M2P. When I enter my credentials I can get access, well I can play my music. But the important issue is, I can get to my albums, so I can get through the security login. Does anybody know what’s going on, has anybody else had this issue?

Plus any idea how I can reset my login to M2P. Any help ANYBODY can give would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance

12. Januar 2022 at 13:35 #51923

Hi alex,

The default login details (SSH) are: Username: pi and Password: maxplay
    To create a samba share, follow these steps: https://www.max2play.com/en/wiki/creating-a-sambashare/ Step 4 also explains how to change the user name and password for the Samba share.

When adding the network drive on windows, you may have to check „Connect with other credentials“.

12. Januar 2022 at 14:11 #51924

Hi again Mario

Thanks for the quick response and advice. I’m away from home for a few days, but now I’m armed with this I’ll certainly give it a go. Thanks for you help it’s always appreciated.
    Alex

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here