Screen no longer responds to touch in some areas (but still displays ok)

Max2Play Home Forums General Questions on Hardware and Max2Play Versions Screen no longer responds to touch in some areas (but still displays ok)

Tagged: , , ,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • 2. November 2019 at 12:55 #47461

Hi
    I have M2P/Rasp3 with 7″ display, it has worked well for several years.

It has been on the shelf for a few weeks and when I have re-started, some parts of the screen no longer respond to touch.

Everything else seems to be working fine, I can access through the web interface, and some functions via jivelite (the parts of the screen where I can touch).

I have tried a complete re-set, burning a new image etc. This morning I also took apart and re-built the hardware to check if some connectors had become unseated somewhere – this didnt help, and I am back in the same situation.

Is this a known issue? Is it a software problem, or are the (touch) screens known to die?

Thanks
    Gavin

5. November 2019 at 15:57 #47470

Hi gavinsweet,

Could you please tell me more about what hardware you used? Especially the power supply could be decisive. Otherwise it seems that your display is simply broken. Yet, I am not aware of a case in which the display does not work after some time. But wear of electronic components after a few years can never be ruled out.

6. November 2019 at 9:36 #47500

Hi Mario,
    I’m using the same power supply that I have always used which was originally provided by max2play with this kit. It has always been fine.
    Is it worth trying a different psu if I have one? (In which case what must be the output)?

Thanks
    Gavin

12. November 2019 at 12:53 #47521

Nudge.

Any response from support please?

13. November 2019 at 11:09 #47522

Hi gavin,

It’s most likely that this issue is connected to hardware setup. To rule out a possible issue with the software, you can burn a new image. If you already tried our new buster release, you can now try a fresh install of the stretch image. Since it’s implementation of the 7″ screen has not changed, this should rule out any possible bugs causing touch control issues.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here