Running Multiple Raspberry Pi's

Max2Play Home 2016 (en) Forums Max2Play as Squeezebox (Player / Server) Running Multiple Raspberry Pi's

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Tpointon 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • 27. August 2016 at 3:51 #22669

I have just started up a 2nd Pi and I’m a bit confused about how LMS servers and instances of Squeezelite interact and how to configure.

I followed the same installation process on both Pi’s so now (I think) I have 2 servers running. I can go to port 9000 on either server and control either player. But they don’t always behave well (I won’t explain) and I think I should really only be running one server.

I’m going to try shutting down one server and see how it goes.

Am I reading this right? Can anyone point me to a site / page that explains these principles of operation.

Thanks!

Tim

1. September 2016 at 17:58 #22834

It’s actually quite simple, only one server is needed. All the others can be players (the server can also run a player at the same time if needed)
    Every Pi has to have its own playername (can be changed in the settings / reboot tab.)
    e.g.
    max2playserver for the server
    max2playroom1 for the first player
    max2playroom2 for the second player
    Just make sure to choose a different name for each Pi.

Once the server and all the players are up and running, go to the webinterface of the logitech media server.
    In the top right corner, there is a drop-down menu from where you can select each player.

Thats it, all players are running with the same server.

You can also choose to synchronise 2 players to play always at the same time.

1. September 2016 at 19:15 #22835

Thank you. That has helped!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here