RPi3 optimized software

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play Development (Ideas, Wishes) RPi3 optimized software

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • 31. Dezember 2017 at 17:22 #33168

This is only a question (or probably a wish if that make sense)

So I read a thread about it: https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/slackware-arm-108/slackware-arm-raspberry-pi-armv6-and-armv7-optimized-ffmpeg-with-hw-acceleration-4175612537/
    My question is: M2P is also (fully/partially) optimized that way, or there is a way to recompile parts with hw acceleration, or debian stretch will be built directly to that special hardware, or there is no need (no way) to significantly improve this software?

Thanks

5. Januar 2018 at 13:44 #33251

Hi pan64,

I am not entirely sure what your question is.

We do however have a brand new Beta Image based on Raspbian Stretch which you can download and test out starting today in our download section.

5. Januar 2018 at 16:49 #33261

what I would like to ask if that hardware optimization (which was explained in the thread I linked) is used here, or that hardware acceleration has no any real meaning or is this an additional improvement possibility?

I assume not only ffmpeg can be optimized that way, but for example ampache, kernel or other tools too.

8. Januar 2018 at 16:46 #33300

Hi pan64,

We have not had the time to thoroughly check this out, however, if more users request this and it is a viable option, we will look into the possibilities for Max2Play.

As I’ve mentioned before, we also have a fresh beta of our stretch image out now.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here