Rotary Encoders and IQaudio-Plugin

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play Add-ons Rotary Encoders and IQaudio-Plugin

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • 15. März 2016 at 16:24 #19287

Hi All,

Im using the Max2Play RaspberryPi 7"-Display Image on a RPi2 together with a cheap USB-Soundcard to emulate a Squeezebox Touch. Now Ive read that there exists a Plugin called „IQaudio“ that allows the configuration of rotary encoders to be used as hardware volume knobs.

My question is: does this plugin allow the use of a rotary encoder ONLY in connection with the IQaudio-soundcard or will it allow a rotary encoder to be used as volume control in ANY setup? Is there any option to change, let`s say the alsamixer that will be assigned to the rotary encoder action?

I would like to add a hardware volume knob to my „Sequeezebox“ without to much „fundamental research in linux“.

thanks for clarification! Flo

16. März 2016 at 17:50 #19318

Hi Flo,

the rotary encoder in the IQAudIO image is only working with the IQAudIO cards as it directly connects to the card to set the ALSA Volume. We might build a more general way to change volume with a hardware control in future, but right now there is none. You might have a look at the IQAudIO rotary encoder code on Github to start your own project based on this code.

Stefan

16. März 2016 at 23:18 #19324

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for your reply. I think i will stay with just a potentiometer before the amplifier in the meantime. Works, but is not that elegant. As soon as there is a simple option included in Max2Play to activate a rotary encoder I’m going to include one.

Thanks, Flo

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here