Removing unnecessary packages and services

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI Removing unnecessary packages and services

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • 13. September 2016 at 8:28 #22995

I’m using max2play (jessie) to run kodi, logitech media server and a samba server. What packages and services can be safely removed from this image?

Johan

22. September 2016 at 12:35 #23143

Hello asplundj,

If you change something on the packages of the Max2Play image, it is difficult to give you support. The Max2Play image is the minimal version of raspbian jessie.

The functions of max2play are working without any changes on the packages. Only above the browserinterface. If you want to try some projects so please use a separately testing image.

22. September 2016 at 12:42 #23146

Ok, thanks. Good to know that your using a minimal version. I have one m2p wheezy image and m2p jessie image. Currently I’m just using the wheeze image because I’m having too much troubles with the jessie image. I’ll probably try it more in the future

10. Oktober 2016 at 14:05 #23347

Hello asplundj, what are these troubles you have with the jessie image? Do these concern LMS or Kodi? Or the max2play platform?

10. Oktober 2016 at 14:40 #23355

I don’t have any troubles any longer. I’ve tried it on another SD-card. I don’t know if it’s because of that but now it works as expected.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here