Remote Control Addon Beta

Max2Play Home 2016 (en) Forums Max2Play Add-ons Remote Control Addon Beta

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Cyn premium 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • 27. July 2016 at 12:28 #21880

This topic is all about the new Addon Remote Control.

6. August 2016 at 17:31 #22066

For me it just won’t install. I’ve tried several times

8. August 2016 at 12:17 #22076

What does the Plugin page say after you installed? Does it show “ShellInABox is installed” and a window below saying “connection is not secure”, or does it only show the “install” button? You may also Update Max2Play to the latest beta on the settings page and try again.

10. August 2016 at 20:52 #22169

Hi Flysurfer,
    Wanted to give this a try but am having a problem. After clicking install I got an error message install not successful but then it told me Shell In A Box is installed. I see ‘open console full screen’ and a large rectangle. If I click in the rectangle nothing happens. If I click on ‘console full screen’ a 2nd window opens with a certificate error, click on continue to website then page can’t be displayed. I am running this on max2play 2.34

11. August 2016 at 11:03 #22181

Hi Cyn,

could you try to update to latest Beta on Settings tab of Web interface or install the Beta of the Plugin with the Link

This will offer some more details on the page. After updating you can check if ShellinaBox is running at the bottom – just click on DEBUG.

It should look similar to this:
    Max2Play Remote Control SSH

If it doesnt show any process running, please try to uninstall and reinstall ShellinaBox.

11. August 2016 at 18:18 #22210

Nice addon, will for sure be usefull.
    Just a few things:
    The installation (normal, not the beta) would not update the website, after the click on “Install ShellInABox”.
    It just ends up looking like this:

After reloading the page manually, it’s installed. (Worked on one of my two raspberrys at the first try, for the second one, i had to click “Install ShellInABox” again)

Once it’s installed, i had to open the console in fullscreen to get the button to add an exception. In the small box, the button won’t show up. After adding the exception, it also works in the small box.

It’s working fine so far, i just noticed a small bug: Certain keys won’t work. For example the minus key left of r-shift.

Just some info about my 2 systems:
    Testet in Firefox 48.0
    2 x Raspberry Pi 3, Max2Play 2.34 (non beta)
    Both with the latest kernel and packages: “Linux max2play 4.4.16-v7+ #899 SMP Thu Jul 28 12:40:33 BST 2016 armv7l GNU/Linux” (Updated both from the “Raspberry Settings” page.)

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  Drakexz.
    • This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  Drakexz.
    11. August 2016 at 18:21 #22213

Thanks for the quick reply. I installed the beta version of max2play and do see processes running in the debug window. However in the box window I don’t see the “max2play login:” that your example displays.

Could you explain this statement a bit further “Make sure to open console in fullscreen mode after installation to create a SSL-security exception for your browser. This fixes the unsigned SSL-certificate error.”

I am opening it in full screen and clicking on both close and continue. I am using IE11 & Windows 10. Is there something else I am suppose to do?

11. August 2016 at 18:31 #22215

Try a different browser, the IE won’t work for me either.
    Firefox (48.0 64-bit) and Chrome (52.0.2743.116 m 64-bit) do work.

11. August 2016 at 18:37 #22216

I was just gonna report back that I tried Chrome & it worked. Thanks for your comment.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here