Recording from analogue source via CirrusLogic card

Max2Play Home 2016 (en) Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI Recording from analogue source via CirrusLogic card

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  nickc 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • 9. July 2016 at 16:29 #21400

After some initial teething problems (largely of my own making) I have my Pi B+ working nicely with Max2Play outputting audio via the CirrusLogic card.

But I bought the CirrusLogic card, despite the configuration difficulties others had encountered, because it has an onboard ADC in addition to its DAC, and I opted for Max2Play because it seemed to offer the best hope of fulfilling my objective of using the Pi/Cirrus card combo to create high quality digital recordings from my vinyl collection. However, after playing around for a bit and considerable searching and reading I’m still at a loss as where to even start!

Has anyone with the Wolfson/Cirrus card made use of the ADC or used the line-in port on the card in any way?

How does one access the settings for input to the card in Max2Play?

Is there a recording function within Max2Play or does one need to download an addon (nothing seems available atm)?

Is it possible to use the command line facility to do an “apt-get install” of a standard audio application, such as Audacity, and would this run with Max2Play?

Answers to any of these questions would be much appreciated.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here