Rebooting causing Pi to boot into emergency mode

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI Rebooting causing Pi to boot into emergency mode

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • 7. März 2020 at 18:09 #48127

I am so close to giving up on Max2pay altogether – its not the software but the Pi itself.

I have set up a Pi with 7″ touch screen display running Jive Lite. I am trying to get a NAS filesystem to mount. I set the correct command string and rebooted the Pi. It went straight into emergency mode. Apparently I can recover this if I use another Linux PC. Well, it was easier to create another image on a new SD card so this what I did. A few days and several reboots later I am looking at a Pi stuck in emergency mode again.

It should be easy enough to re-flash and replace the SD card but the case for my Pi and display makes it impossible without taking the whole case apart and removing the display (because some numpty designed the thing so that the display ribbon cable covers the SD card slot. Nice job eh!). Plenty of scope for damaging things too.

YES – I have a PSU that is up to the job (it can power a Pi 4 under heavy load without complaint).
    YES – I have tried more than one SD card
    NO – I haven’t powered off without shutting down.

I would welcome any ideas as to why this is happening.

This is not the first time I have had SD card woes with the Pi but it raises the question in my mind whether the Pi is robust enough.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here